Inside Sales Representative, Southern California
Company: NanoString Technologies, Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Who We Are:
NanoString Technologies (NASDAQ: NSTG) is a leading provider of
life science tools for discovery and translational research. The
company's nCounter Analysis System is used in life sciences
research and has been cited in more than 3,800 peer-reviewed
publications. The nCounter Analysis System offers a cost-effective
way to easily profile the expression of hundreds of genes,
proteins, miRNAs, or copy number variations, simultaneously with
high sensitivity and precision, facilitating a wide variety of
basic research and translational medicine applications. The
company's GeoMx Digital Spatial Profiler enables highly-multiplexed
spatial profiling of RNA and protein targets in a variety of sample
types, including FFPE tissue sections. Built on pioneering
principles in 2003, NanoString is blazing new trails and exploring
new frontiers to adapt to the everchanging landscape and becoming
smarter and more innovative in the process. We are dedicated to
advancing scientific discovery and providing solutions that can
have a meaningful impact in research and discovery.
Our purpose is to Map the Universe of Biology. We enable
scientists to answer questions they have always wanted to ask to
explore the boundaries of cellular structures and create an atlas
of biological interactions that define life. We are relentless in
our quest to Catalyze the Next Biological Revolution leading to
Advancing the Human Condition. In addition to a pioneering spirit,
we value: Grit. Authenticity. Ambition. Ingenuity. Customers. Join
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is responsible for driving
consumable sales and serving as the initial point of contact for
pre-sales customer inquiries. S/he manages the sales process for
specific products lines, accounts and/or sales opportunities via
phone and e-mail. Responsibilities include engaging with existing
customers, generating new sales leads, introducing customers to the
NanoString products that best meet their needs, coordinating with
internal resources to address customer questions/objections,
providing pricing, creating and submitting individualized quotes,
negotiating and coordinating with manufacturing to ensure delivery
of products, and closing the sales process through the point of
order receipt. This individual works closely with Regional Account
Managers and Sales Development Representatives to meet and exceed
sales quotas for a specific territory. This is a home-based sales
role located in a specific geography and requires minimal travel
(10%); however, local travel to nearby customers is highly
- Drive strategic sales activities that result in consumable
revenue at new and existing accounts.
- Engage with existing customers and generate new sales
- Establish new customers in Academic and Biotech markets
- Maintain/grow consumable revenue at existing customer
- Support Regional Account Managers with lead generation,
customer follow-up, and developing/closing consumable
- Initial point of contact for pre-sales customer inquiries and
- Manage trade show leads and their respective
- Manage a consumables forecast and implement strategies to
address any gaps to plan.
- Establish and nurture positive, productive relationships with
customer accounts including product end-users, management and
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to drive product promotions
and provide feedback on ROI.
- Maintain a CRM database via updates to sales opportunities,
sales stages, marketing statuses, and customer intelligence
Qualifications and Requirements (Education, Experience, Specific
- Bachelor's degree in a science or technical field required.
Genetics, molecular biology, chemistry strongly preferred.
- MS. degree in molecular biology or a related field a strong
- 2-4 years of successful sales experience with a technical life
science product preferred.
- Solid fundamental understanding of genetics.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp and master highly
technical concepts and articulate them well to others.
- Outstanding listening, verbal, presentation, and written
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate
effectively with a wide range of customer personality types.
Ability to work well with highly educated research scientist
- Strong ability to identify customer needs, obstacles to the
sales process, and solutions using NanoString products.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word,
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics or a similar CRM
database a plus.
- Strong business sense, instinct, and personal drive.
- Team goal oriented with a focus on achieving team sales
performance metrics through personal contribution and teamwork
NanoString is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age,
marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
NanoString does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not
pay fees to any third-party agency or company that it does not have
a signed agreement with.
If you require assistance or accommodation when applying for
open positions please contact email@example.com
#IND123 AND/OR #LI-MS1
Keywords: NanoString Technologies, Inc., San Diego , Inside Sales Representative, Southern California, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!