Field Associate Director/Director, Medical Affairs
Company: MEI Pharma, Inc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Job Summary: Reporting to the VP, Medical Affairs, the Field
AD/Director leads, directs, coordinates, and supports the
activities of the MSLs within the specified region to achieve
clinical and business objectives within MEI's therapeutic areas of
interest. This position works cross-functionally within MEI to
identify, develop, and implement MSL training, strategies, and
tactics and monitors results on planned activities such as
scientific exchange on key disease states and in support of MEI's
pipeline and approved products, KOL outreach, and relationship
development, requests for medical information, as well support
evidence generation efforts through the company- and
investigator-led studies, as appropriate.
The position also ensures that medical and scientific
discussions occur in a complaint, balanced and non-promotional
manner. The role is performed in accordance with all applicable
legal, regulatory and professional guidelines.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the field-based medical strategy and is
responsible for the training, deployment, direction, and execution
of the MSL organization's goals and objectives.
- Ensures the appropriate dissemination of clinical and
scientific information regarding MEI's oncology pipeline products
in a timely and customer-focused manner to all appropriate
- Identifies specific Key Opinion Leaders' engagement
opportunities in the oncology field and helps establish and
maintain scientific relationships with them in their academic and
community cancer centers around the country.
- Ensures appropriate documentation of HCP interactions and
responses to unsolicited requests.
- Collects, summarizes, and disseminates key insights obtained
from MSLs to the Medical Affairs and other internal stakeholders in
a timely manner.
- Mentors, coaches and evaluates the performance of MSLs to
maximize the engagement and value of the field-based medical
- Responsible for territory plan development and contributes to
the clinical positioning of a designated product line in each
- Maintains business and clinical knowledge of the designated
therapeutic area, including current treatment strategies, current
and pending competitors, and new therapeutic developments.
- Ensures that MSL team members maintain adequate communications
and interaction across cross-functional counterparts, when
appropriate and according to compliance and regulatory
- Ensures MSLs have the necessary tools, training, and materials
to perform effectively.
- Build a field-based organization reflecting a diverse workplace
that ensures mutual respect, collaboration, and trust.
- Ensures team member adherence to regulatory and compliance
guidelines in all aspects of scientific dissemination of
- Ensures all activities are compliant with MEI's company
- May serve the MSL/Sr. MSL in vacant regions until sufficiently
- Demonstrated ability and experience to effectively present
clinical/scientific information to a variety of audiences is
- Respectful, accountable, and collaborative abilities to work
with in-house teams and all outside collaborators.
- Superior time management skills to balance multiple priorities
and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to create materials such as reports and presentations
for inside and outside the organization.
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time.
Job Requirements and Education:
- Minimum of a Bachelor s degree. Advanced degree/doctorate
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience with
demonstrated leadership success in the following areas:
pharmaceutical field-based experience (e. g. MSL) and/or
pharmaceutical industry-related experience; prior experience
managing MSLs strongly preferred.
- Hematology/Oncology experience is strongly preferred along with
a solid professional reputation for interacting productively with
thought leaders in the field.
- Thorough comprehension of the oncology drug development process
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a good driving
- Ability to sit for long periods of time, handling, feeling with
hands, reaching with arms.
- Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
- Lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Routine office duties including computer keyboard use.
- Vision requirements include close vision and the ability to
- Noise conditions range from quiet to moderate.
Keywords: MEI Pharma, Inc, San Diego , Field Associate Director/Director, Medical Affairs, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!