Business Systems Analyst- Oracle Cloud Services
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 13, 2021
IT Business Systems Analyst - Oracle Cloud Services Team
Ferguson is looking to add a mid-senior level, remote IT
Business Systems Analyst to the Oracle Cloud Services Team, within
the Ferguson IT organization.
This position is approved to sit 100% remote. If local to the
Newport News area, you will have the option for in-office work,
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for elicitation, analysis, and documentation of
- Research and exploration of user requirements, costs, and
benefits in support of documentation required for the demand
- Responsible for analyzing the business needs to identify new
processes and process improvements that will meet those needs.
- Documents current business processes and models to define
requirements and/or gaps.
- Analyze detailed system factors including input/output
requirements, information and paper flow, hardware, and software
- Analyze "soft" system factors including roles,
responsibilities, policy, culture, etc.
- Evaluate the impact of potential software and process changes
on the organization.
- Develop and facilitate groups as necessary in pursuit of
eliciting and defining requirements.
- Assist in the creation of the business case documentation.
- Understanding of architectural consistency and usability
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining software and other
technological aspects of a business process across environments.
Develop configuration workbook and obtain approval from product
manager and/or business owners.
- Plan and execute assigned configuration tasks within
- Defines and develops user test cases and validates test results
- Executes unit and functional test cases.
- May conduct system demonstrations and training sessions, as
well as participate in design/review of training content.
- Plays a third level support role by helping to troubleshoot and
resolve issues with production systems.
- Participates in associate meetings and communicates any
concerns to management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information System or
another related field.
- 3-10 years of relevant Business Analysis work experience is
- Software Development Lifecyle Experience and knowledge are
- Internal candidates: 2 years Ferguson business and software
project lifecycle knowledge are preferred.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Detail oriented, proactive, creative, and efficient
- Intermediate level abilities in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint,
Visio, and Word
- Experience with Oracle Fusion
- Ability to effectively work both independently and
collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work on simultaneous and complex projects, with
domain expertise in one business area
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and
non-technical audiences in written and non-written forma
- Ability to work with all levels of associate
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic
- Ability to learn new systems and tool
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle methodologies,
processes, and procedures
- Active listener
- Effective in a variety of formal/informal presentation
settings: one-on-one, small, and large group.
- The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a
government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41
CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified
protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A),
which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the
basis of disability.
Keywords: Ferguson, San Diego , Business Systems Analyst- Oracle Cloud Services, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!