Regional Sales Trainer
Company: Guild Holdings Company
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since
1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the
home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing
for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while
providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the
The Regional Sales Trainer plays an important role in the
organization by performing a number of activities related to the
company's retail sales training functions. The role is primarily
responsible, under intermittent to limited supervision, for
providing in-person or webinar on-the-job training to originators,
as well as ongoing training support related to systems, programs,
policies, and compliance requirements. The Regional Loan Officer
Trainer may create job aids and training materials related to
his/her functional area of expertise and serves as an internal
subject matter expert, trainer, and resource.
- Provide on-going training and support to Loan Officers, LOAs,
and Transaction Coordinators; respond to questions via telephone
and email, including the training helpdesk email, and provide
on-demand training via phone, live-assist, and other web-based
- Conduct required in-person training programs for newly hired
Loan Officers, LOAs, and Transaction Coordinators on programs,
systems (including MyKey, MyCircle, and Sherlock), policies,
procedures, etc.; provide on-going training to incumbents as
- Host conference calls on a monthly or as needed basis to flush
out and answer questions from the field.
- Serve as the department's subject matter expert in at least one
functional area (DocuSign, Brokering, Energy Efficient Mortgages,
etc); develop curriculum and deliver training on area(s) of
- Participate in biannual collaborative sessions to update
onboarding training curriculum.
- Review compliance audits to identify trends that may be related
to deficient sales training, follow-up as necessary.
- Stay abreast of changes related to field of expertise, which
includes having a strong understanding of internal programs and
products and working to spread that knowledge throughout the
- Partner with Branch Managers, the Loan Officer Trainer Manager,
and Regional Managers to identify training needs for Loan
- Provide feedback to trainees and supervisors about trainees'
performance, progress, and abilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college
courses or equivalent preferred, along with:
- Two or more years experience in Mortgage processing or
origination, using Guild-specific systems and policies; OR
- Five or more years experience in Mortgage processing or
- Three or more years experience in training or public
- Familiarity with Guild's systems, processes, policies, and
procedures strongly preferred.
- Prior experience developing content for and conducting training
sessions is preferred.
- Ability to be patient and train less experienced team members,
respond to questions, and build capabilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including
public speaking skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision when
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; strong detail
orientation and highly organized.
- Works with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Passionate about delivering excellence in customer
- Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
- Limited to intermittent supervision required, depending on
- Apply sound judgment in execution of core job
- Travel: ~10-30% (may vary based on geographic location of
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and
associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal
conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive,
distinguish and interpret information received visually and through
audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed
on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment - no substantial exposure to
adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive
compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical,
dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Guild Holdings Company, San Diego , Regional Sales Trainer, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!