Urbn Leaf is an innovative company recognized for shattering
stereotypes and setting new standards within the cannabis industry.
With a focus on consumer education and staff training, we are
working to change the perceptions of cannabis. From the
thoughtfully curated collection of products down to the modern,
strategic layouts of each location, every detail is designed with
the customer experience in mind. We believe that each and every
customer deserves to be treated with compassion backed with
expertise and appreciation.
Our most important asset is our people. We strive to foster an
inclusive environment that promotes engagement, teamwork, and the
continued opportunity for development through the empowerment of
We believe in setting the standard by providing our customers
with carefully curated products and high-performing, knowledgeable
team members to ensure a quality experience with every
By being transparent and treating everyone with respect, we can
focus on what really matters to us as a company: our team and our
We take ownership of our work and honor our commitments. We are
proud of our accomplishments and recognize our failures by
reinforcing the "we" in our efforts and removing the "they".
We believe in cultivating growth in all that we do, from the
growth of our business to the personal and professional growth and
enrichment of our teams.
What We Offer:
- Employee Discount - enjoy 40% off in-store products
- Exclusive access to Urbn Learning Center and monthly vendor
- Group Life Insurance
- Voluntary (Life, Accident, Illness)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Urbn Leaf, the new standard in cannabis dispensaries, is looking
to hire a Custodian to join our team in San Diego, CA!
This is a Part-time position. Candidates must be available to
work Friday/Saturday/Sunday (9am to 5:30pm) in order to be
The Custodian will perform a variety of cleaning tasks on a
regular (usually daily) basis. This includes vacuuming carpeted
floors, emptying wastebaskets and picking up garbage, cleaning up
messes, and sweeping and cleaning tiled floors. This person will
maintain the cleanliness of bathrooms through cleaning all floors,
surfaces, toilets, and mirrors; they also restock any supplies,
such as paper towels and toilet tissue. Additionally, this person
may be given special tasks at various intervals, such as dusting
and polishing glass fixtures, and windows.
The Custodian will carry out tasks relating to the sanitation
and upkeep of facilities and facets of operation within the
company. This person will be responsible for sanitation of various
equipment used, proper disposal of waste, and the sanitation of
work areas. Restrooms will also be cleaned by the custodian.
This job may require exposure to various chemicals, some of
which must be mixed in order to achieve the consistency required by
the company. Inventory duties, including stocking various supplies,
will also be included as part of the job duties. It is important to
carry out all sanitation practices according to company policies
and applicable health regulations and laws.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Disassemble, clean sanitize and reassemble all equipment as
- Perform basic housekeeping including cleaning floors, walls,
ceiling, air vents and lights.
- Operate the system to clean and sanitize equipment, tanks and
- Record equipment and areas cleaned into Sanitation logs.
- Lift cleaning materials and production equipment manually.
- Handle, mix and store cleaning chemicals.
- Mix water in containers to prepare cleaning solutions,
according to specifications.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and
- Perform general cleaning, light floor care and special event
- Collect and remove trash and recyclables.
- Clean rest room facilities and replenish supplies.
- Clean assigned areas including furniture, telephones, fixtures,
walls, windows, window sills, blinds and vents.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum all area floors, rest rooms and break
- Ad hoc duties as assigned.
Skills and Attitudes:
Must be motivated, hard-working, and passionate. This position
requires someone who has the ability to handle multiple tasks and
- Must have ability to:
- Ability to take initiative with little training
- Ability and willingness to assist with all building needs
- Ability to interact and speak with employees in regards to
cleanliness and other sanitation needs
Must have one or more of the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of relevant experience and/or training
- Occasionally ascending or descending ladders, stairs,
scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like.
- Constantly moving self in different positions to accomplish
tasks in various environments including tight and confined
- Occasionally remaining in a stationary position, often standing
or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Constantly moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one
worksite to another.
- Occasionally adjusting or moving objects up to 50 pounds in all
- Constantly communicating with others to exchange
- Constant repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands
- Occasionally operating machinery and/or power tools.
- Occasionally assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness
of the work assigned.
- Medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds.
Work environment may occasionally include exposure to:
- Occasional low/high temperatures.
- Outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind.
- Noisy environments.)
- Hazardous conditions.
- Poor ventilation.
- Small and/or enclosed spaces.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Urbn Leaf provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
citizenship status, color, religion, age, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, disability status, family medical
history or genetic information, military or veteran status, marital
status, parental status, political affiliation, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited
to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Urbn Leaf complies with federal and state disability laws and
may make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees
with disabilities as required by applicable law. If reasonable
accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact
Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org.