Regional Director of Development - San Diego/Orange County
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Since 1941, the USO has been the nations leading organization to
serve the men and women in the U.S. military, and their families,
throughout their time in uniform. From the moment they join,
through their assignments and deployments, and as they transition
back to their communities, the USO is always by their side.
Todays USO continuously adapts to the needs of our men and women
in uniform and their families, so they can focus on their very
important mission. We operate USO centers at or near military
installations across the United States and throughout the world,
including in combat zones, and even un-staffed USO service sites in
places too dangerous for anyone but combat troops to occupy.
The Regional Director of Development - San Diego/Orange County
is responsible for implementation of fundraising efforts targeted
to individuals who are capable of donating $25,000 or more to
support USO programs and services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Duties)
- Raise revenue and manage fundraising program activities
including but not limited to relationship strategy development,
prospect identification, solicitation and engagement, proposal
development, recognition and appreciation efforts as related to
current and new major gift income sources in an assigned
- Contribute to the development and execution of a strategic plan
to support and drive short- and long-term major gift relationships,
campaigns and fundraising efforts.*
- Manage relationships with key donors, prospects and volunteer
partners. Direct maintenance and tracking of major donor
recognition programs and communication.*
- May lead, manage and mentor Regional Development Manager(s).
Perform assigned duties in the absence of Vice President,
- Partner with local USO Operations Center leadership and fellow
Development staff to support local fundraising efforts in assigned
- In coordination with Marketing and Communications, create
consistent, powerful and compelling messaging as it relates to
major gift development efforts.
- Prepare and present reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or
related field. Masters Degree preferred.
- 7+ years work experience in a fundraising or development role
and for positions with supervisory responsibilities, 3+ years in a
- Relevant experience in a non-profit, military, multicultural
and/or global organization preferred.
- Experience generating $2M+ in major donor revenues for a
not-for-profit or charity organization preferred. Personal
experience with closing $25,000+ gifts.
- Experience as a Development professional in the San
Diego/Orange County area.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and oral communications as
well as knowledge of various software programs including but not
limited to Raisers Edge, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
- Willingness and ability to work non-standard hours (evenings,
holidays and weekends) as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to manage team members, and reports if in
a supervisory role, for high-performance. Ability to achieve
desired results while working collaboratively in a team
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Ability to
interact with USO Leadership, the general public and military
audiences at a variety of levels with integrity and
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to
controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects. Ability to
handle confidential information with tact and poise.
- Working knowledge of basic business and accounting functions,
project management and budgeting.
- Demonstrated initiative/self-motivation, able to quickly and
easily adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials necessary to
access USO Center locations and facilities including but not
limited to security, credit and/or background screening, SOFA
status, valid drivers license.
- Must be a strong advocate of the USOs mission to lift the
spirits of Americas troops and their families.
- This is a remote position reporting to the West Regional Office
located in Long Beach, CA. The employee will be based in the San
Diego/Orange County area.
- Resume and cover letter are required for full
Keywords: USO, San Diego , Regional Director of Development - San Diego/Orange County, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!