Sterile Processor/Surg Tech - $4K Incentive and Relocation Bonus
Company: Scripps Health
Location: La Jolla
Posted on: June 13, 2021
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support and
respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as
one of the nation's Top 100 Places to Work.
You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference
in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you're
open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Scripps Green is a 173-bed hospital that has served the La Jolla
and greater San Diego communities with distinction since 1977.
Scripps Green has been recognized for outstanding care and a number
of important medical milestones, including establishing the first
liver transplant program in San Diego and being the nation's first
hospital to use stem cell transplants as a treatment for blood and
Join our team as a Sterile Processing/Surgical Tech where you
will be responsible for the cleaning, packaging, sterilization,
storage, and distribution of medical instruments, equipment, and
supplies used for patient care. The duties also include:
- Clean and disinfect equipment requiring decontamination or
sterilization according to designated principles of asepsis.
- test and keep records of sterilizer equipment performance to
ensure operating within sterility standards.
- Maintain established control systems for supplies and equipment
- Functions as surgical technologist by assuming the
responsibility of that role which includes ensuring rooms and case
specific supplies and equipment are ready for use, patient
transport and positioning, and performance of scrub role to assist
physicians and nurses during surgical procedures.
This is a full-time position with varied 8 hour shifts and
Required Experience/Specialized Skills:
- Graduation from an accredited Surg Tech Program.
- Knowledge of sterilizers, surgical instrumentation, and medical
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Certified Surgical Tech (CST), Certified Registered Central
Service Technician (CRCST) or CBSPD Certification required within 6
months of hire
- BLS from AHA
- 1 year experience in Central Processing or Surgical Tech (OR)
Keywords: Scripps Health, San Diego , Sterile Processor/Surg Tech - $4K Incentive and Relocation Bonus, Other , La Jolla, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!