Location: San Diego
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Leidos is seeking a Marine Engineer or Marine-focused
Mechanical Engineer in order to participate in the design and
development of innovative small maritime craft and
- BS Degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture,
Mechanical Engineering, or similar discipline, with 12+ yrs related
Marine Engineering experience. (additional experience or training
will be considered in lieu)
- Secret DoD Security Clearance with ability to obtain Top
- Candidate should have experience with marine
applications, capable of being responsible for the design of a wide
variety of new marine structures, modification of existing craft
and components, and integration with existing systems employed in
the marine environment. Should be skilled in concept
development, analysis, design, fabrication, and testing of small
maritime craft and subsystems. Ability to excel in small Integrated
Product Team (IPT) environment, performing rapid R&D and
- Should be adept at multidiscipline trades, with
consideration of Naval Architecture, hydrodynamics, mechanical
engineering/structures, materials, heat transfer, and industry
standard design practices.
- Static and Dynamic structural analysis, to include both
classical and Finite Element Analysis (FEA). Familiar with
SolidWorks 3D-CAD with emphasis SolidWorks Enterprise PDM
- Working knowledge of boatbuilding standards such as
American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) Rules & Guides for Naval Ships,
International Code of Safety for High Speed Craft, and MIL-STD
- Extensive knowledge of common small maritime construction
materials; e.g., composites, aluminum, stainless steel,
adhesives. Composite tooling and fabrication techniques,
aluminum fixturing and welding processes. Ability to design,
analyze and document components and systems, follow developed
designs through build, test and installation, and integrate design
and process improvements to both new and existing
- Must have excellent computer skills, with experience
using Windows and LINUX/UNIX (more end user).
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication
- Advanced Degree in Marine Engineering, Naval
Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, or similar
- Professional Engineer License in Naval Architecture &
Marine or Mechanical Engineering.
- Aptitude in Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) for
incompressible fluids; LES, RANS.
- In-depth knowledge of small maritime propulsion,
electrical, hydraulic, and auxiliary systems.
- Small craft operational experience.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, San Diego , Marine Engineer, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!