Building Maintenance Engineer
Company: Funded Club
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 12, 2021
We believe in transparency, fairness, and collaboration while we
passionately work on some of the toughest use cases in OTT video;
and are enthusiastic about massive scale and agility. If you get
excited about building the future of OTT video, and aspire to be
part of a high-performing, learning-oriented, and caring
culture--you have landed on the right company. Presently, our
Infrastructure and Operations team is looking for a motivated
Principal Site Engineer to contribute to their team efforts in San
- Perform all engineering operations and mechanical maintenance
of the building.
- Operate and maintain boilers, compressors, refrigeration
equipment, generators, air conditioning facilities and all
appurtenant equipment driven by steam, air, diesel, gas, water or
any other power developing energy.
- Patrol, inspect and maintain all mechanical, HVAC, electrical,
piping, and plumbing systems and equipment to the end that the most
economical and effective results may be oriented.
- From time to time make other repairs throughout the facility as
- Coordinate work and oversee quality and productivity of vendors
and contractors to perform repairs and maintenance as
- Monitor HVAC systems and respond to mechanical and system
issues as required.
- Assist in planning, coordination and implementation of building
modifications and construction
- Manage maintenance programs for building systems such as Fire /
Life Safety, HVAC, Electrical / Lighting and Plumbing.
- Manage workflow via computerized work order system.
- Assist with coordination of service agreements with third party
vendors such as annual generator maintenance contracts; and
maintain records of all repair and maintenance activity; preparing
reports as required.
- You will be responsible for the upkeep of the data center and
- Optimizing the utilization and shipping and handling of the new
- Take care of the overall hygiene of the facility in San
- Work with the local People Department to implement or execute
any employee welfare related activities.
- Coordinate and manage waste removal from the facility
Experience & Technical Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of experience maintaining an Enterprise Data
- Fundamental knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, CUPA and San Diego County
- Maintain advanced knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, water treatment
and electrical repairs.
- Start, maintain and complete projects within budget and
- Troubleshooting and critical thinking skills to deal with
- Sound knowledge of Engineering, construction and design.
- Knowledge of computer-based systems and building automation
systems to effectively manage/monitor facility operations.
- Great leadership and organizational skills
- Experience in a similar role
- A willingness to learn
- Your proactive and energetic personality allows your effective
communication to technical and non-technical stakeholders to
translate across teams.
- Creative thinking, in depth problem solving and unblocking are
exhilarating to you.
- Your high emotional intelligence and low ego compliment your
skilled active listening skills.
- Available to work a flexible schedule.
- Self-starter, ability to work with ambiguity, and comfort
- Skilled at effectively communicating with building tenants,
service vendors and building management to accomplish tasks.
- You continually desire to stay curious, speak up, focus on
impact, and be supportive. These four specific core principles are
critical to your success here, and we understand that when you
succeed--we all succeed.
Nice to Have:
- PMP Certification
- CDCP (Certified Data Center Professional) Certification
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND CONSENT
I understand that this application is not an offer
of employment and that by accepting my application, (the
“Company”) does not guarantee that I will be offered
a job. I also understand that if I am offered
a job, the Company has the right to make changes to the terms
and conditions of my employment, with or without notice, as the
Company deems necessary and appropriate. I understand that
any future employment is not for a guaranteed period of time and
that continued employment is based on the consent of the Company
and me and that both the Company and I have the freedom to
terminate the employment relationship in accordance with the terms
set forth in any offer of employment and applicable law.
I hereby authorize inquiries seeking information and/or
verification concerning my educational and employment history
and/or criminal background and/or credit and hereby release from
all liability, damage and/or responsibility all persons, schools,
corporations, governmental agencies or other organizations
furnishing information and/or documents regarding my personal
information, and, for the purpose of processing this
employment application, authorize release of such information
and/or documents, including law enforcement records.
I certify that all statements made by me on
this application, as well in any employment interviews, are
true and complete to the best of my knowledge and that I have
withheld nothing relevant to the questions asked in
this Application. Moreover, I understand that any false
statement, pertinent omission, or misrepresentation of fact may
result in refusal of employment or immediate dismissal if
employed. My submission
of application indicates that I have read and understand
this acknowledgement and consent.
Keywords: Funded Club, San Diego , Building Maintenance Engineer, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!