Electrical Engineering Technician
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) is seeking to hire an
Electronic Technician to join our project team in San Diego, CA.
Candidates will be part of a world-class team responsible for the
manufacture and testing of various electro-mechanical devices used
for both subsea and surface applications. Work will involve both
prototype and production systems.
This position requires the candidate to hold an active Secret
Clearance. You will be joining a growing, fast-paced research,
development, testing and evaluation team at Naval Information
Warfare Center Pacific located in San Diego, California.
- Assemble and rework printed circuit boards with fine-pitch SMT
(Surface Mount Technology) components under a microscope.
- Perform incoming material receiving inspection for circuit card
assemblies (CCAs) and wire harnesses
- Provide field service support on an as-needed basis, including
- Collect, maintain, organize, compile, and manipulate technical
- Work closely with engineering and recommends alternative
solutions to problems and obstacles.
- Set-up and conduct tests and records data to assist with
- Provide training to more junior technicians.
- Expertise in soldering (assembly and rework) with SMT (Surface
Mount Technology) components on printed circuit boards utilizing a
microscope (as required).
- Includes all types of fine-pitch integrated circuits and
passive components to 0402 size.
- Capable of reading and understanding mechanical and electrical
drawings, specifications, work orders, and test procedures.
- Expertise with the use and operation of standard electronic
test equipment; oscilloscopes, meters, frequency generators,
- Expertise in troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems.
- Expertise in fiber optics manufacturing, troubleshooting, and
- Capable of writing work orders and test procedures.
- ISO manufacturing experience.
- Ability to take initiative in troubleshooting of issues;
creative in determining approach or action to take in non-routine
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of
prior relevant experience.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance required; candidates
without clearance will not be considered.
- Marine / Shipboard experience
- Experience building hardware for arrays and acoustic
- Soldering Certification
- Ability to work aboard small boats (i.e. not susceptible to
Willing to travel for short periods of time to support project
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, San Diego , Electrical Engineering Technician, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!