Recovery Care Coordinator, NECC
Company: Magellan Health
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 12, 2021
This position will provide services comprised of advocacy
support for wounded warriors, ill and injured Navy Expeditionary
Combat Command (NECC) members to enhance their quality of life and
strengthen operational readiness. Provide assistance to enrollee
families or caregivers with respect to advocacy support to help
make their jobs as caregivers more manageable and alleviate the
stress that accompanies a major life change.
- Advocates for returning warriors and their families; Provides
direct warrior and family advocacy and support to ensure all needs
are met through the coordination of services and resources from
both governmental and non-governmental agencies.
- Inputs and updates all Recovery Service Member (RSM) case data
in the case database and provide monthly status updates on active
- Assists with issues related to health care, benefits, pay,
entitlements, legal and medical and physical evaluation
- Collaborates with the Department of Defense (DOD), Veterans
Affairs (VA), and non-governmental organizations to provide maximum
benefits for the Wounded Warrior and their families.
- Liaises with the Psychological Health Team, Medical Officer,
Chaplain, and Family Readiness Coordinator to assist with the
integration of NECC Recovery Care Management (RCM) Program.
- Collaborates with Navy Wounded Warrior RCCs to ensure NECC
Recovering Service Members are receiving comprehensive recovery
- Unites NECC and other Non-NECC Benevolent Organizations.
- Provides assistance and guidance on all potentially high
visibility issues that may arise as it relates to RCM.
- Provides recommendations and participate in discussions/briefs
that may occur that relate to RCM.
- Ensures all Comprehensive Recovery Plans are developed and
updated in accordance with the regulations.
- Collects productivity and performance data.
- Follows RCM standard operating procedures to ensure compliance
with the Recovery Coordination Program.
- Experience in care coordination/case management, or
- Working knowledge of government and
non-government agencies to maximize service members/family
- Working knowledge of DOD Personnel Casualty Reports
(PCR), DOD Wounded Warrior Resource Center (WWRC), DOD Medical
Treatment Facilities (MTF) and VA Medical Care Case
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work
effectively across multiple agencies to accomplish project goals.
Possess strong analytical and communication skills.
- MS Office Proficiency.
- Maintain a secret clearance.
- Frequent travel is a must. Travel is not limited to CONUS and
may require occasional OCONUS trips.
- Bachelors' degree or higher preferred.
- Prior Medical Military Experience with deployment or
combat experience (highly desired), expeditionary experience
- Prior combat deployment highly desired.
- Veteran, military spouse or experience working with
Expeditionary community is desired.
- 2 years previous experience with Wounded Warrior recovery
Recovery Care Coordinator, NECC
Bachelors, High School (Required)
Certifications - Required
Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, San Diego , Recovery Care Coordinator, NECC, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!