Occupational Safety Health Analyst
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 14, 2021
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and
solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through
science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and
The NISC IV program at Leidos is looking for an
Occupational Safety Health Analyst!
100% Remote/Telework. Las Vegas, NV and/or Anywhere in
CA (Preference, Southern Part of California).
The selected candidate will:
- Takes effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions
comply with applicable federal and state occupational safety and
health standard provisions of any labor agreement, ensuring that
all required records are prepared and maintained.
- Participates in Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA) inspections and in any procedures that may
follow a citation.
- Investigates, prepares, and forwards as
- Reports on injuries and fatalities.
- Conducts safe work procedures training
- This position will support the Federal Aviation
Administration (FAA), Air Traffic Organization (ATO), Western
Service Area (WSA) Environmental, Occupational Safety & Health
(EOSH) Program and assist the District Safety and Environmental
Compliance Managers (SECMs) in providing EOSH support to
Airway Facilities (AF) personnel within the Los
Angeles (LAX) District Office (Las Vegas,
NV or San Diego, CA).
- The candidate will support the customer’s Asbestos, Lead,
Environmental Compliance, OSH Compliance, Confined Space, Fall
Protection, Safety Training, Drinking Water, and Indoor Air Quality
- The candidate will participate in EOSH investigations
related to potential accidental releases, mishaps, and employee
complaints, as requested by the Safety & Environmental Compliance
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills):
- Requires Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a
related discipline, OR equivalent experience/combined
education, with 4-8 years of professional experience; OR 2-6
years of professional experience with a related Masters
- Must have experience in one of the following areas:
Industrial Hygienist (IH) OR
Occupational Safety and Health
- Certified in any of the following areas is a plus:
Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Asbestos Contractor/
Supervisor; AHERA Asbestos Building Inspector; Certified Lead
Professional; Lead Inspector/ Risk Assessor; and Hazardous Waste
Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER).
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft
Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust Security
- The position requires the candidate to travel approximately 25%
– 50% within the Los Angeles (LAX) District,
primarily in the Western Service
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) OR Associate Safety
Professional certification/s highly desired.
- Highly developed presentation skills, comfortable conducting
training classes, self-motivated and proactive team player, and
excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to be fit-tested and wear respirator, and be enrolled in
Respiratory Protection Program (if
- Able to meet all requirements necessary to climb
structures and oversee Fall Protection Program.
- Confined Space assessment experience, program
administration experience; Forklift Operator Experience, Forklift
Instructor; Aerial Lift Operator, and Aerial Lift Instructor, are
Leidos is growing! Connect with us
on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our
employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary
e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an
Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and
ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of
the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere
Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Environmental Health And Safety
Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Keywords: Leidos, San Diego , Occupational Safety Health Analyst, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!