Retail Shift Leader - San Diego Airport
Company: Hudson Group
Location: Del Mar
Posted on: October 11, 2021
Located at San Diego Airport
Grow With Us!
Hudson is North America's leading travel retailer. For over 30
years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than
1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. We couldn't
serve our customers, landlords, and partners in airports, commuter
terminals, hotels, and casinos without the continued support of our
greatest assets: our team members. We're dedicated to hiring and
training exceptional team members, who are committed to serving the
customer as the Traveler's Best Friend. We strive to ensure we're
fulfilling our team members' career potentials through training,
skills-development, and career pathways - as our team members grow
and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Hudson.
What We Will Offer You:
• A 20% off Hudson Employee Discount
• A 50% off Hudson Food & Beverage Discount
This Operations Manager Job Is For You, If You Would Enjoy:
• Assisting the General Manager in executing the day-to-day
activities in support of the strategic planning initiatives to
ensure a productive and profitable operation
• Helping to promote an overall corporate image of excellence
through strong work ethic, leadership by example
• Providing consistent delivery of excellent customer service and
store visual presentation
• Working at the San Diego International Airport
Your Team is counting on you as an Operations Manager to:
• Provide flexibility to work any shift, any day of the week,
including weekends & holidays
• Work a full-time schedule
Operations Manager Job Duties:
• Assist the General Manager in maximizing sales and profits by
meeting and exceeding sales budgets while minimizing shrink.
• Assists the General Manager in recruiting and developing quality
staff at all levels. Provides input to location succession
• Provides leadership, effective management and training for
• Ensures communications from home office and the General Manager
is delivered to all staff levels.
• Ensures full adherence to all company policies and
• Implements and enforces controls that protect the company's
assets from internal and external shrink.
• Ensures over-all floor coaching and supervision is delivered
consistently to ensure excellent customer service.
• Completes on a timely basis all administrative work as assigned
by the General Manager, (i.e. scheduling, back office
• Performs daily/ weekly operational audits.
• Ensures adherence to all promotional programs and reports
deficiencies in compliance to the General Manager.
• Demonstrates excellent product knowledge and visual merchandising
• Performs daily inspections in each store to ensure company
standards in visual presentation, stock replenishment and
housekeeping are maintained.
• Fulfills all responsibilities of General Manager in his/her
absence including responsiveness to landlord and home office
• Leadership qualities and demonstrated organizational skills.
• Excellent time-management skills and problem solving
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with
• Ability to multi-task.
• Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
• High School Diploma or Equivalent; Associates degree or above
• Have a Driver's License
• Two years of previous retail management experience. Multi-store
management experience required for multi-store locations
Some of our company-offered benefits for you and your family
• Health & Well Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
• Universal Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K &
• Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
• Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
• Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
For additional information on our benefits, please visit:
Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified
individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to
age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national
origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status,
genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable
federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an
inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique
experiences, backgrounds and identities.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of
background checks and/or employment verification results.
Note to staffing agencies: Please do not contact Hudson (including
the recruitment team or any hiring managers) regarding this
position with candidates. If assistance is needed in filling any
position for Hudson, a member of our recruiting team will reach out
Keywords: Hudson Group, San Diego , Retail Shift Leader - San Diego Airport, Other , Del Mar, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!