HVAC Team Lead San Diego CA
Company: Trane Technologies
Location: San Diego
Posted on: October 14, 2021
At Trane Technologies™ and
through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo
King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings,
homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a
sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's
challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better
future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at
work and at home. We boldly go.
Why Trane Is The Best Company
for HVAC Field Technician Team Leaders:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC
and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program
including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are
highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry
(we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM)
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and
sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed
laptop, uniforms, and smart phone
The person selected for this position
will serve as the Team Leader helping oversee and mentor multiple
HVAC Field Technicians. This position will work closely with our
Trane Sales and Service organization along with the Area Service
Manager to drive growth and profitability of our local Commercial
HVAC business. In addition you will help to implement business
strategy and achieve business goals. Other responsibilities include
participation in hiring initiatives, development of direct reports,
implementation of yearly training schedules, performing safety
audits, scheduling jobs, and project management. In addition to
your leadership duties, you will perform hands-on HVAC service and
maintenance. Responsible for end to end testing, starting up,
commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer
contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on
assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying,
diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer
- Coordinates with customer to precisely understand requirements
for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining
building layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and
synchronizing on-site work.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety
of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications,
to diagnose and repair units.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and
maintains security and accountability of company issued and
procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining
flexibility to work overtime and weekends as the business requires,
including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent, or certificate of
completion from an accredited technical school is required.
Typically a minimum of 10+ years of experience in HVAC. Technical
School or formal training is preferred.
- or equivalent combination of education (Technical School)
and experience preferred.
- Experience in leading a team of technicians is preferred.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working
proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12
months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but
not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years.
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or
multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the
previous 3 years.
- EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler
Operator, Gas Installer etc.).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including
but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to
noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions,
precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of
hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires
employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently
lift and or move up to 40 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move
more than 40 lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer;
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status,
disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected
Keywords: Trane Technologies, San Diego , HVAC Team Lead San Diego CA, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!