Company: Venture Dynamics
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job DescriptionThis position is responsible for removing,
installing, and testing main and auxiliary shipboard equipment
including but not limited to: Main Reduction Gears (MRG), pumps,
valves, hydraulic equipment, steam equipment, valves, propellers,
bearings, etc. on maritime vessels including US Navy, Military
Sealift Command, and commercial. The work occurs in various stages
of repair and modernization and requiring the ability to operate a
wide variety of tools and machinery, and the ability to read and
comprehend specifications and drawings. The qualifications and
general capabilities listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard Required
Education / Training
- OSHA 10 Maritime Environment (Venture Dynamics will provide
OSHA training to qualified candidates)
- Possess and maintain all appropriate Safety and Environmental
certifications (For more information on this training ask your
recruiter) .Experience / Skills1. Must be able to read and
comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence in
English. 2. Must have comprehensive understanding of ship repair
terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature. 3. Must be
physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal
protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under
OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe
shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation
gear, etc.) 4. Must be able to write comprehensive Condition Found
Reports (CFR) describing the material condition of the ship as it
pertains to the assigned work item, and provide recommended
corrective action. 5. Must be able to work from Process Control
Procedures (PCP). 6. Must be able to use precision measurement
tools. 7. Must be able to effectively confer job related
information to the structural supervisor and small groups, and
provide technical guidance to Helpers and Improvers. 8. Must be
able to interpret drawings, sketches, tech manuals, and user
manuals to the extent necessary to remove, repair, and install
equipment. 9. Must understand the NAVSEA standard items, especially
009-04 for tests, inspections, and check points; 009-23 for
interferences; and 009-24 for blanking and match marks. 10. Must
have a comprehensive understanding of Lock-out / Tag-out
procedures. 11. Must understand laser alignment. 12. Must
understand reverse indicator alignment procedures. 13. Must
understand the proper and safe use and operation of the hand and
power tools required to accomplish the work. 14. Must be able to
add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and
decimals using US customary measurement system and the metric
system. 15. Six (6) years of machinist experience, two (2) of which
in the maritime environment. Unique / Additional Requirements
- Must be US Person (United States citizen or alien admitted for
permanent residence in the United States).
- Must possess of be eligible to get a DBID (Defense Biometric
- Have flexible Schedule to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift as
- Be able to work Overtime if required.Physical / Medical
- Pass a Drug and Alcohol screening (Subjected to random Drug
- Must be Physically and Medically qualified to wear required PPE
(Personal Protective Equipment) for the job.
- Be able to work at heights, climb staircases and ladders of
varying sizes (Up to 60ft in length).
- Be able to work in Enclosed and Confined spaces.
- Be able to lift 50lbs on a frequent basis.Drug-Free
WorkplaceVenture Dynamics is a Drug-Free Workplace.
- NEW HIRES: All new hires are required to perform pre-employment
drug testing. Those testing positive for drugs will have their
employment offer immediately rescinded no matter how
- RANDOM: are subjected to Random drug testing to keep our
company a Drug-Free Workplace.
- REASONABLE SUSPICION: If the employee displays of any
performance, behavioral or physical indicator of Drug-use.
- POST ACCIDENT/INCIDENT/INJURY: Whenever justified by serious
injury, damaged/loss of property, or life.
Keywords: Venture Dynamics, San Diego , Outside Machinist, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!