Sous Chef, Petco Park
Company: Delaware North
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The OpportunityDelaware North Sportservice is searching for a
skilled Sous Chef to join our team at Petco Park in San Diego,
California. As Sous Chef, you will successfully manage and
supervise the preparation of food and the kitchen team, ensuring
everything leaving your kitchen is representative of the high
standards that exist within Delaware North.Responsibilities
- Assist in hiring, development, training, and mentoring of staff
and act as a resource to them.
- Coach, counsel, and assist in conducting performance
evaluations of the production team.
- Recommend or conduct disciplinary action, including
termination, of production team when necessary according to company
- Assist in developing training and training programs for the
- Monitor staffing levels to minimize cost and increase
productivity. Recommend staffing needs according to business
- Maintain a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Perform all reasonable requests from the management team.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training
- Follow proper time-keeping policies and procedures.
- Know and follow all company emergency and safety
- Three years culinary arts experience, including previous
experience in a management role. More specifically experience in
high-volume, quality-oriented restaurant or banquets
- Excellent volume cooking skills, presentation skills, and
- Strong leadership and management skills working with a variety
of associates of different skill levels and varied
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, and the kitchen
computer production system.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and good
- Ability to handle many tasks at once and effectiveness in a
fast-paced work environment.
- Thoroughness, attention to detail, and excellent organizational
- Good decision-making and ability to proactively make changes as
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates, management,
clients, and vendors if necessary.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to accommodate business
levels. Who We AreAt Delaware North, you ll love where you work,
who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it s in
sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels,
or premier restaurants, there s no telling where your career can
ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company
with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive
and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and
grow with us.Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its
subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard
to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal
opportunity employer. Associated topics: culinary, deli chef, head
chef, pantry, pastry chef, pizza chef, prep chef, restaurant
assistant chef, service manager, tavern
Keywords: Delaware North, San Diego , Sous Chef, Petco Park, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!