Outside Retention Representative - Cox Business
Company: Cox Communications Inc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 22, 2021
*Primary Location: *5159 Federal Blvd, San Diego, CA, USA
* Division: *Cox Communications
* Job Level: *Individual Contributor
* Travel: *Yes, 5 % of the Time
* Schedule: *Full-time
* Shift: *Day Job
* Requisition Number: *217728
Our customers are our most valuable asset. And we want them to stay
that way. We need someone like you to provide them the solutions
that will set their business apart. Were Cox Business, part of the
Cox Communications family, and were all about owning every moment,
helping our customers realize their business dreams.
Cox Business offers top-notch technology that helps our clients
stay confident, connected, and productive. Our *Outside Retention
Representatives* have a passion for retaining, upselling and
growing our business, all while providing an exceptional customer
experience. Were on a quest to find someone whose savvy sales
skills will help us keep our customers smiling.
If this sounds like you, keep reading to find out more!
* What Youll Do*
Youll serve as a powerfully potent problem solver, using your
personal brand of brilliance to retain and upsell to customers. One
way to be successful is by being super responsive to customer
inquiries and concerns, while turning cold calls into real
relationships. Here are a few other things youll focus on:
* Cold-call customers to generate new sales opportunities
* Manage your own account portfolio, accurately forecast business,
track your own performance and develop plans to achieve and exceed
* Identify new sources of revenue for existing customer base.
* Develop and maintain consulting relationships to retain assigned
base of existing customers.
* Work with Sales Engineer and/or Sales Support Team to address any
issues regarding installation or service.
* Determine serviceability of client location and whether
construction is required.
* Coordinate with other departments to resolve any maintenance or
* Make follow-up calls to customers to inform them of referral
* Remain current on technical information regarding Cox Business
* Whats In It For You?*
* At Cox Business, we reward your hard work with meaningful
* First, we offer a *highly competitive compensation package (base
salary + excellent commission plan rewarding strong performance),
401(k) with a generous company match*, comprehensive healthcare,
life, and disability benefits, plus numerous other benefits,
including* adoption assistance, pet insurance, and discounts on
travel and cars! *
* We value people more than technology. That means youll work
within a *culture and with a team that values your leadership, your
experience, your contributions, and you - yes, you - as a person.*
We believe recognition is important, and Cox Business strives to
celebrate those who help make us successful every day. We also
encourage diversity and support inclusion; we want you to do you
and feel comfortable doing so.
* We also offer *boundless opportunities for growth*; you can
sharpen your skills, learn a new talent, join a mentoring program,
even earn an advanced degree. Youll find the potential for lateral
or upward career growth within the Cox family businesses, including
the innovative startups in transportation mobility, clean tech, and
* Who You Are*
Youve got grit. No question about it. Your proven sales track
record precedes you, as does your success ratio with cold calls.
Youre a gifted communicator, who understands the value of listening
and problem-solving. Youre someone who anticipates customers needs
so you not only offer them what they need now, but also what theyll
need next. Youre positive and productive - a true self-starter who
sees things through, from email exchanges to customer concerns.
* Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S.-based job.
(Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections
will be considered.)
* 1 or more years of related sales experience
* 1 year of successful business-to-business outside sales
experience with quotas and cold calling
* History of success in meeting and exceeding sales goals
* Ability to work independently in the field 50% of the week or
* Valid drivers license, good driving record and reliable
* Thorough knowledge of Windows-based PCs and Microsoft Office
* Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
* Ability to multitask
* BS/BA degree in related discipline
* 1 year technology or telecommunications sales experience
* Experience with field sales, pipeline development, new lead
generation and prospecting
* Knowledge of local telecom market and local contacts
* Join the Cox family of businesses and make your mark today!*
Who We Are
* About Cox Communications*
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of
human connection through broadband applications and services. The
largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six
million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to
empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse
products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics
that makes each one unique.
* About Cox *
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose
that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, [visit our benefits
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications Inc, San Diego , Outside Retention Representative - Cox Business, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!