Security Monitor I, Community Corrections - Boston Ave.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 23, 2021
At CoreCivic we care for people!-- CoreCivic is currently
seeking a Monitor I, Community Corrections who has a passion for
providing the highest quality care in a residential setting. Who We
Are: CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality,
secured corrections and detention management services and
residential and non-residential transition centers.-- We provide
effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare
individuals for success.-- Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee,
CoreCivic operates more than 70 security facilities nationwide and
over 50 community residential and non- residential centers.-- Our
employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of
professionalism, and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives. What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care! The Monitor I, Community
Corrections is responsible for the supervision of the facility
population including but not limited to safety, security and
facility sanitation.-- This role provides for the care, custody and
control of residents and establishes a safe environment for the
facility, staff, visitors and residents.--
- Monitor resident population and reports any suspicious
activities or violations of policy, procedures, or regulations by
residents or other individuals.
- Conduct resident counts, searches, room inspections, and
vehicle searches as required.-- Conduct drug and alcohol testing as
needed or as directed by facility administration.
- Process residents for intake/discharge in accordance with
policies and procedures.
- Monitor resident worker activities, provides necessary
instruction, and applies standards and procedures for the
completion and quality of work performed by residents, where
- Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and
disasters to include administering basic emergency medical aid and
CPR, physically removing people away from dangerous situations, and
securing and evacuating people from confined areas.
- Distribute food plates during late meal
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- California Adult Corrections Officer Core Course certification
- Must complete the STC CORE course within one year of hire date
or transfer to the position.
- Work experience in the operations of a correctional facility is
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing and
apply problem solving techniques to complex issues.--
- Must be available to work any hours, any shift.
- Must complete pre-service and other training programs as
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least--18 years of
age.CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, San Diego , Security Monitor I, Community Corrections - Boston Ave., Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!