Company: Proven Recruiting
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 15, 2022
If culture and mentorship are your priorities - you've found
your match. This pioneer company in Biotech is looking to support
and promote a talented Bioinformatics Scientist who will assist in
advancing the promise of genomics using data mining and integration
of data. The ideal professional will have a strong background in
Genomics and an eagerness to join and contribute to a tight knit,
mutually supportive community of skilled experts.
What You'll Do
- Design, implement, and validate novel tools for variant
- Perform data mining, analysis, and integration of genomic data
from NGS, and other high-throughput platforms (microarray, aCGH,
physical/genetic mapping etc.).
- Extract features of interest from data relating to specific
- Contribute to documentation, publication, and presentation of
methods, results, conclusions, and recommendations.
Who You Are
- BS or higher in computer science, statistics, bioinformatics,
computational biology, or genomics, with a strong background in
- Experience with one or more of the following: Python, R, and
- Experience with public datasets and databases.
- Knowledge in statistics, modeling, and machine learning.
- Working knowledge of laboratory protocols relevant to sequence
- Knowledge in population genetics and experience with
population- and family-based analysis.
Why Work Here
- Grow your career: you'll have the room + support to transition
into Sr Research Associate and Associate Scientist as well as
gaining valuable and transferable experience with genetics and
- Mentorship culture where you can learn new skills, maximize
your growth and leverage the knowledge of superiors.
- Small team environment encourages interdivisional
collaboration. You'll always have your voice heard and can wear
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd
like to work alongside some of the finest scientists in the
Note: We actively support and promote people of various
backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area,
university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is
minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for
diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply
Keywords: Proven Recruiting, San Diego , Bioinformatics Scientist, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!