Material Control Coordinator (2nd Shift)
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 15, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Material Control Coordinator
on 2nd Shift to join our Manufacturing department within the GA-ASI
division located in Saber Springs, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates receipt of incoming materials. Checks materials
received against vendor shipping documents and purchase orders for
- Analyzes and monitors inventory and work orders. Ensures
traceability of material and/or parts.
- Coordinates with various departments to support department
- Monitors and restocks inventory levels housed on shop floor to
ensure appropriate levels.
- Updates daily movement of parts providing information to
appropriate personnel regarding back order of critical scheduled
- Delivers materials as required for designated production areas
and engineering projects.
- Reviews material requisitions issued to the stockroom to ensure
material is properly allocated and storage will not impact
- Conducts physical inventory counts, and prepares lists of
obsolete and excess quantities of stock components based on stock
and locations usage reports. Identifies, reports, and investigates
inventory shortages, overages or discrepancies on the shop
- Examines items received. Verifies conformance to quality
clauses and receiving procedures.
- Reviews and monitors inventory and work order shortages,
communicating requirements to planning.
- Coordinates with quality assurance and purchasing on the return
of defective parts to vendors for repair or replacement.
- Transfers vendor shipper paperwork upon receipt of goods or
after appropriate approval of parts. Ensures damages or excess
goods are processed through quality assurance and/or materials
- Coordinates with safety on the processing and disposal of
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent and two
or more years of experience in production/material control.
- Must have an extensive understanding of material control
concepts and standards and have experience applying those concepts
and standards using stockroom procedures and record keeping
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- The ability to identify and analyze complex issues and
- Strong organization skills to maintain flow of work within the
- The ability to establish priorities and respond to complex
issues or situations;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
skills to interface with all levels of internal employees and to
accurately document and report information; and
- Knowledge of computer operations and applications and word
processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is
essential as is the ability to work extended hours as
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, San Diego , Material Control Coordinator (2nd Shift), Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!