Individual Giving Officer
Company: Girl Scouts San Diego
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Individual Giving Officer Compensation: $75,000-85,000
DOE/neg.Location: San Diego, CAReports To: Chief Advancement
OUR STORYGirls Scouts is 2.5 million strong-more than 1.7 million
girls and 750,000 adults who champion girl ambition! Girl Scouts
builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the
world a better place. With programs from coast to coast and around
the globe, Girl Scouts offers every girl a chance to practice a
lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success. There are 59
million women who grew up as Girl Scouts across the country, many
of whom are now leaders in business, politics, science, education,
technology, advocacy, arts, and community development.
Girl Scouts San Diego (GSSD) is one of 111 councils affiliated with
Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA), with each council operating as an
independent 501(c)3 organization. This means that all the funds we
raise stay here in San Diego to support the local community. With
the help of more than 8,000 volunteers, GSSD serves 15,000 girls in
grades K-12 through the service area of San Diego and Imperial
counties. GSSD's 100 regular staff and 150 seasonal camp employees
work to develop, organize and deliver programs; recruit and retain
membership; execute retail sales; maintain five properties,
including two camps; and assure the business of Girl Scouting
supports the needs of today's girls.
For more than a century, Girl Scouts San Diego has engaged and
inspired generations of leaders. Through the Girl Scout Leadership
Experience, the proven program that focuses on science, technology,
engineering and math (STEM); the outdoors; life skills; and
entrepreneurship (including the cookie and fall product programs),
girls learn to empower themselves for a lifetime of leadership and
success. Please visit http://www.sdgirlscouts.org/ for more
POSITION SUMMARYThis is a tremendous opportunity to make a lasting
impact on the lives of girls throughout San Diego! With an annual
operating budget of $13M, GSSD is the region's preeminent
organization focused on developing and empowering girls. We are
continuing to expand our team (currently 13 members within our
Philanthropy & Marketing/Communications Department) with this new
position, created to provide dedicated fundraising support for our
The Individual Giving Officer will work closely with our Chief
Advancement Officer to build the pipeline of donors from first-time
contributors all the way up to the major gifts level. They will
have the opportunity to further develop their skills, working
across our entire portfolio of individual relationships, including
major donors and planned giving. They will have responsibility for
managing and executing every stage of the development process,
including research, prospecting/identification, cultivation,
solicitation and stewardship. They will oversee the pipeline and
drive innovation to engage donors at every level (parts of which
are handled by other team members). The Individual Giving Officer
will ensure other staff members are caring for their portfolios,
and manage their own portfolio of 75-100 individuals, ensuring that
our supporters receive the highest level of service and
appreciation. We are committed to a team-based approach to the
development and stewardship of our donors. The Individual Giving
Officer will work very closely with all members of our Philanthropy
& Marketing/Communications team.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Develop a deep understanding of GSSD's programs and impact in
order to connect in a meaningful way with prospective supporters of
- Effectively articulate the mission, goals and accomplishments
of Girl Scouts San Diego to potential and current donors.
- Oversee and lead innovative efforts to engage individual
- Engage with, cultivate, solicit and steward existing individual
- Ensure all individual portfolios are managed by their
- Identify prospective individual donors and develop
individualized strategies to engage, cultivate, solicit and steward
- Lead efforts to expand the planned giving program.
- Identify and implement strategies to retain and upgrade
existing GSSD supporters.
- Working with marketing team members, assist in developing
engaging donor communications.
- Assist in advancing a culture of philanthropy and collaboration
within the Philanthropy & Marketing team and across the
- Advocate for GSSD in a variety of public and private
- Represent GSSD at events and community activities; attend and
support events as needed (could include occasional evenings and
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years of frontline fundraising experience, with a
strong understanding of relationship development strategies and
- Familiarity with annual, major and planned giving.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to listen to,
connect with, and inspire a wide range of potential funders; strong
emotional intelligence; warm and charismatic - a natural
- Articulate, poised, and possesses strong verbal and written
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy as and when situations might
require, with the ability to handle sensitive information
- Brings a collaborative approach and is excited to work as part
of a close-knit team.
- Detail-oriented, but also values the "big picture", remaining
focused on long-term goals.
- Works efficiently under pressure, prioritizing tasks and
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative, and
- Genuinely values diversity with sensitivity to the
multi-cultural communities we serve.
- Excellent time management skills; strong organizational skills
and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite; knowledge of
Raiser's Edge or related donor database.
- Must possess reliable personal transportation and meet
insurance requirements. There will be travel within the local
Girl Scouts San Diego is an equal opportunity employer. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a positive and
inclusive work environment for all employees.
Keywords: Girl Scouts San Diego, San Diego , Individual Giving Officer, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!