Messaging Systems Engineer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job ID: 2118218 Location: SAN DIEGO , CA , US Date Posted:
2021-12-27Category: SoftwareSubcategory: SW Systems EngrSchedule:
Full-timeShift: Day JobTravel: Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum
Clearance Required: SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top SecretPotential for Remote Work: No Description SAIC is seeking
a Messaging Systems Engineer to support the Naval Information
Warfare Center (NIWC) Pacific Messaging CB ISEA in San Diego, CA.
The SAIC Team provides a full range of engineering, technical
support, management, and logistics services in support of the
Messaging programs. Support of these systems includes technical
support for installations; providing systems and software
engineering, and documentation that supports associated Systems
Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR); Test Facility manning in
support of software development, integration and testing of
hardware and software investment functions; and testing of new
baseline and/or new capability of messaging
systems.Responsibilities may include:
- Performs technical planning, high level and detailed
requirements definition, test planning and execution (to include
use cases, test procedures and test data), software systems
integration, and technical support for software systems and
- Total software system product may include concept design, test,
installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical
principles, theories, and concepts in the field of Software and
- General knowledge of other related disciplines including
Network and Hardware Engineering.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult
problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent
with organization objectives.
- May independently determine and develop approach to solutions
and collaborate with other team members to synthesized
requirements-based solutions.Qualifications Required Education and
- Bachelor's and five (5) years or more experience; Master's and
three (3) years or more experience; PhD and zero (0) year's of
related experience.Required Qualifications:
- Five to ten (5-10) years of system engineering experience.
- System (hardware and software) testing.
- Development and functional testing.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, OpenShift, and
- Test Automation Framework experience.
- Experience automating web applications for testing and
administration using Selenium.
- Familiarity with Waterfall, Agile, and DevSecOps development
- Onsite work at Government site for over 95% of the time - with
COVID protocols including social distancing and continuous mask
wearing.Required Security Clearance:
- Active Secret security clearance required, must be eligible for
Top Secret. COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are
required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC
employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of
vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new
employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at
Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start
of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer
site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's
vaccination policy.SAIC is a premier Fortune 500 technology
integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our
robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian,
and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in
engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission
solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and
emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our
own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative,
effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving
our customers' missions.We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by
mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is
an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture
based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all
contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual
revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit
Keywords: SAIC, San Diego , Messaging Systems Engineer, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!