Regional Credit Officer, C&I
Company: First Foundation Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Summary: Remote Capabilities. This position is responsible for
reviewing and approving/declining moderately to complex C/I and
commercial real estate loans within defined approval credit
parameters using in-depth financial analysis. This includes, but is
not limited to, ensuring loan approvals are in compliance with
credit policy, procedures, and credit philosophy. The position will
also assist in supervising and monitoring an assigned regional
credit portfolio and key personnel in an effort to mitigate loss,
delinquency, and overall risk for supervising and maintaining
policy. Commercial & Industrial (C&I) lending credit using
in-depth financial analysis. This includes, but is not limited to,
equipment finance, small balance business lending, Small Business
Administration (SBA) or government lending, middle-market lending,
municipal finance, and corporate lending in the form of Shared
National Credits and participations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for ensuring and overseeing credit policy, guidance,
and best practices for all C&I credit as well as ensuring and
overseeing that approved loans adhere to the Bank's C&I credit
policies and procedures accordingly.
* Ensure that all aspects of the requested credit accommodations
meet regulatory requirements
* Assist with initial loan structuring through quantitative and
qualitative analysis, managing all aspects of the due diligence
* Restructures loans and/or lines of credit as required; assumes
accountability for minimizing Bank losses
* Supervises and directs the write-up of the loan approval memos
and issuance of all approval letters by the underwriting team
* Effectively institute a complete and working understanding of the
Bank's lending objectives, its credit policies and procedures, and
the underwriting process.
* Review, monitor, and facilitate all loans through the
application, processing, underwriting, and funding.
* Review, monitor, and facilitate all C&I portfolio quarterly
reporting in collaboration with the Chief Commercial Credit
* Review, monitor, and facilitate the Bank's credit analyst
front-end analysis and cash-flow spreads
* Reviews and recommends all C&I loans prior to submission to
Chief Commercial Credit Officer, Chief Credit Officer, and/or
Executive Loan Committee.
* Perform direct supervisory duties of department staff; coordinate
staff for coverage in all related areas of the department
* Independently from the appraisal process, structure policy,
guidance, and best practices around the evaluation of cash flow
from owner-occupied property or businesses to determine their
capability of servicing proposed debt and maintaining the required
Debt Service Coverage Ratio (DSCR) and Loan-to-Value (LTV) ratios
over the term of all loans (if applicable).
* Supervise the analysis of historical operating statements,
current operating statements, current rent rolls, profit and loss
statements, balance sheets, and lease or rental agreements to
accurately understand the current and future quantity, quality, and
probable duration of the income stream from the property or
* Review findings and decisions with the Chief Commercial Credit
* Travel to meet with clients
* Perform other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has direct supervisory
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree required; or equivalent combination of both
education and experience.
* 7 plus years managing a lending team
* Minimum of 10 plus years of related experience required; to
include lending and credit analysis training at a financial
* Strong knowledge of credit analysis, including real property
analysis and valuation, real estate lending, loan underwriting,
financial and credit analysis, appraisal and environmental
engagement and review, portfolio reporting, and HMDA reporting
* Must be able to work effectively with senior-level executives
across the company.
* Must demonstrate strong and effective leadership abilities,
interpersonal skills, effective problem solving and decision-making
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
* Must possess superior written and oral communication skills.
* Requires ability to prioritize effectively and multi-task.
* Excellent Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
* Proven ability to take on large projects, and process improvement
* Valid state driver's license.
* Required to travel a minimum of 25% of the time to meet with
clients; method of travel (i.e. driving, flying) will vary
depending on location.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
First Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran
status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected
Keywords: First Foundation Inc., San Diego , Regional Credit Officer, C&I, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!