Lending Operations Call Center Specialist I
Company: San Diego County Credit Union
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 16, 2022
This is a non-remote position and will require that the employee
report to work onsite at the designated work location.Please note
this role is in our Lending Call Center Department, separate from
our Call Center. The Lending Call Center department has a separate
phone queue to accept and process loan requests/applications and
follow up with members.Position SummaryThe position of Lending Call
Center Specialist I is established to provide prompt, professional
and accurate information, by accepting and processing routine loan
requests/applications in a Call Center environment. The position
requires the cross-selling of Credit Union products and services to
meet members' needs and increase member satisfaction as well as to
maintain quality service standards set by the
organization.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promptly answer all incoming calls through phone queue in a
polite and professional manner; determine nature of caller's
business, determine eligibility for memberships, process members'
requests working with appropriate personnel in order to
satisfactorily service the call and/or complete the loan process
within established service level.
- Meet established sales, production, efficiency and quality
departmental metrics consistently.
- Keep abreast of all regulatory requirements for establishing
new loan applications.
- Quote real estate rates and programs; pre-qualify member,
process real estate loan applications, and provide any necessary
follow-up as required.
- Quote consumer loan rates and programs; pre-qualify member,
process consumer lending applications and provide any necessary
follow-up as required.
- Provide borrowers with status on applications.
- Interview members via the telephone to determine their
financial needs and assist in selecting appropriate loan programs,
account types and services best suited to their needs.
- Process and follow-up on Real Estate and Consumer Loan
application leads. Contact member within 24 hours of
- Ongoing development of industry knowledge and workflow
processes; be proficient in troubleshooting and solving problems at
each step of the application process.
- Provide support through Live Chat with members.
- Provide Help Desk support for team member inquiries.
- Participate in AML/BSA compliance training as assigned. Adhere
to credit union AML/BSA policy and procedures including CTR rules
and form preparation, identify and refer suspicious activity to the
Compliance Department, perform OFAC comparisons, and properly
identify individuals in accordance with Branch Operations
procedures.Other Duties and Responsibilities
- May participate in the training of other staff members in
product knowledge and basic methods of originations and
- Perform other duties as assigned.Physical Demands and Work
EnvironmentThe physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The
employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance;
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus.The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of the Credit Union's Real Estate
Certification Training Program once hired into the position.
- One year of customer service experience with preferrably at
least 6 months of consumer or real estate experience; or one year
of customer experience for internal SDCCU candidates.
- Demonstrate to have strong organization skills, ability to
multi-task while providing thorough follow up within established
time frames. Work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a team environment, possess effective
communication skills both verbal and written.
- Possess superior customer service skills, with high level of
- Demonstrated sales ability. Sales techniques and thorough
knowledge of and a willingness to actively promote Credit Union
products and services.
- College level PC skills.
Keywords: San Diego County Credit Union, San Diego , Lending Operations Call Center Specialist I, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!