Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Senior Scientist-Process Development
Up to 160K with bonus & equity
Position SummaryThis role will be responsible for designing and
implementing new cell therapy processing methods to expand the
ability to manufacture novel cell therapies effectively in large
scale. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of
successfully developing new cell processing methods, working
closely with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers.
They will be a technical leader in the field of cell selection,
conditioning, and culture, designing multi-experiment approaches to
solve complex problems, coordinating day-to-day team efforts, and
mentoring junior scientists and engineers to increase R&D
capabilities and knowledge.
- Oversee complete experimental plans and technical roadmaps to
enable new cell therapy modalities, including but not limited to
CAR-T, NK, TIL, HSC and B cell workflows.
- Drive innovation through development of novel cell processing
hardware and workflows to manufacture autologous cell
- Perform process characterization, optimization, and
comparability studies, as required.
- Assist in developing, executing, and troubleshooting new cell
engineering approaches (CRISPR, prime editing, base editing, mRNA)
and analytical methods (Cytof, ddPCR, sequencing).
- Prepare and follow standard operating procedures, batch
records, and other process documentation.
- Analyze and document experimental data in electronic laboratory
notebooks in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with the
company quality management system.
- Mentor scientists and research associates in proper laboratory
techniques and scientific experimental design.
- Attend and present scientific data to colleagues at internal
and external meetings.
- Participate in daily Agile stand-ups and weekly sprints with
other members of the research team.
- PhD degree in Biology, Engineering, Medicine or related
discipline with 8+ years of laboratory research or industry
- 3+ years of expertise in cell processing hardware and
- Subject-matter expert in the area(s) of T-cell, HSC, B, or
other specific cell therapy modality.
- Extensive hands-on experience in with commercial cell
- Familiarity with new cell editing technologies and advanced
cell therapy analytical methods.
- Demonstrated independent problem solving and systematic
data-driven experimental design and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate technical
information and roadmaps through written protocols and/or
presentations containing clean figures and visualizations.
- Innovative and analytical thinker with outstanding
interpersonal, communication, and leadership skill.
- Must be highly disciplined and organized, self-motivated and
enthusiastic about taking a hands-on approach to collaborative
scientific discovery efforts.
- Expertise in CRISPR and vector design and related annotation
- Expertise in designing PCR and NGS assays for genome
- Statistical analysis of genotypic, gene expression data in bulk
and single cell samples
- Knowledge of viral vector design (AAV, Lentivirus, Gamma
retrovirus) and vector manufacturing processes.
- Experience in setting up and working within a GxP
- Exposure to pre-clinical R&D and IND filing requirements
for a cell and gene therapy products
- Experience in interfacing with laboratory automation (e.g.
automated liquid handlers) and data analysis software.
- Experience with coding and running bioinformatics scripts
(Python, numpy, scipy, pandas, jupyter).
Keywords: BioPhase, San Diego , Senior Scientist, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!