Scientist 2, Biology 1st Shift
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Work hours: 8 hours, ideally between 8:30-5:30pm, must be local
3 Must haves on the resume: Flow cytometry experience, min. 1-2+
years of hand-on research experience
BD Biosciences, the leading provider of antibody reagents to the
research immunology community, is seeking an outstanding Scientist
II to join our highly motivated Research Development team. The
Scientist II is responsible for the development and evaluation of
new reagents and testing new antibodies for use in flow cytometry
applications. The Associate is responsible for routine, accurate
and timely testing of experimental samples according to standard
protocols and operating procedures. The ability to execute
scientific experiments of moderate scope is key. The successful
candidate is expected to set up and execute these experiments, be
detail oriented, skilled at data analysis and trouble shooting and
will be accountable for preparing and presenting data at lab
meetings. The Scientist II will prioritize daily workload and work
with some supervision.
The associate will participate in the analysis and review of data,
report results, and complete all required documentation and
database entries. In general, the Scientist II will receive
specific instructions and ongoing guidance regarding required tasks
and expected results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Routine, accurate and timely completion of all assigned
experimental tests. Will be expected to efficiently prioritize
- Independently analyze research data, solve problems with
appropriate guidance and effectively plan follow up experiments.
Responsible for the execution of experiments with varying
complexity using multi-color Flow Cytometry.
- Analyze data using FCS Express and FlowJo software, report test
results including completion of all required documentation and
database entries as required by protocols or operating
- Expected under supervision to develop skills and exercise
judgment in troubleshooting routine assigned test procedures and in
recommending appropriate corrective actions.
- Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own
area of work and complies with those requirements.
- Promotes a safe work environment. Participates in
Environmental, Health and Safety programs. Addresses corrective
actions whenever a hazard is identified.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- The ideal candidate has the following skills:
- Software: BD FACS Diva, FlowJo, FCS Express, and Microsoft
- Hands on experience: designing, performing, and analyzing flow
cytometry experiments, preferably on BD flow cytometers (LSRII, LSR
Fortessa, Canto, Aria).
- Effective interpersonal skills, must be able to work in a
cross-functional team-oriented environment to achieve
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and
- Demonstrated ability to keep neat, accurate, and complete
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in cell biology, immunology or
related scientific discipline and a minimum of 2-4 years of
Keywords: CorTech, San Diego , Scientist 2, Biology 1st Shift, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!