AR Follow Up Representative
Company: Integra Connect
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The AR Follow-up Representativeis responsible for the follow-up
on all private pay and commercial insurance claims. This role
entails the resolution of unpaid accounts in a timely and efficient
manner for multiple geographical areas.
- Review, modify as necessary, and re-bill rejected/denied claims
in queue by assigning appropriate insurance carrier, utilizing the
billing address and/or payor prefix.
- Process queues within appropriate timeframes, (e.g. claims
status checks, appeals of denied claims).
- Recode private pay, commercial insurance and HMO claims,
assigning proper condition codes/ICD-9 codes/procedure codes into
the Accounts Receivable Billing System and re-file claims as
- Update appropriate modifiers, based on origin and destination
of trip and change insurance claims as necessary.
- Create narrative in the Accounts Receivable Billing System to
document status of trip for use in claim appeal process.
- Ensure that charges are billable to a particular commercial
payor, based on the payors criteria, as needed; Resolve payment
issues with carriers.
- Resolve payment issues with carriers, (e.g. denials, partial
- Appeal claims as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree or
certificate of completion from a coding and billing school
- Must pass new-hire and department-specific testing.
- Minimum one (1) year previous medical billing experience
required, ambulance billing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Terminology on a PCR, Hospital Face Sheet, and/or
a CAD Sheet.
- Proficient in the Accounts Receivable Billing System and
Internet, (e.g. Internet mapping programs, eligibility websites,
address search engines).
- Understanding of Government coverage guidelines, filing limits
and necessary prior authorizations; knowledge of Payor-specific
requirements for one or more geographical areas and/or financial
- Able to make Distinctions between
ALS/BLS/SCT/Gurney/Wheelchair/CCT levels of service.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 coding/condition codes and procedure
BenefitsIntegra Connect, LLC provides a comprehensive benefits
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance beginning the 1st of the month
following your date of hire
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays and Floating HolidayEqual Opportunity Employerby
Keywords: Integra Connect, San Diego , AR Follow Up Representative, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!