Senior Subcontract Administrator
Company: General Atomics
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 15, 2022
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of
the world s leading resources for high-technology systems
development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted
aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic,
wireless and laser technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Subcontract Administrator
to join our Contracts and Procurement team for the following
locations: San Diego, CA and Centennial, CO. Under consultative
direction, this position is responsible for providing subcontract
support to one or more business units.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for major subcontracts procurement of complex
mission critical hardware assemblies and/or services necessary to
support assigned subcontract(s), and support related program
- Prepares RFP/RFQ s and analyze/evaluate supplier bids and
proposals to ensure they meet company policy and department
- Provides leadership in the review and analysis of statistical
data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish
price objectives. Leads cost and pricing reviews with program
management and customers.
- Reviews and analyzes suppliers bids and performs cost and/or
- Conducts subcontracts negotiations with suppliers.
- Reviews, interprets, provides recommendations regarding terms
and conditions, and participates and/or leads negotiations for
modifications to standard/non-standard subcontract provisions.
- Identifies subcontract issues and provides leadership in
developing innovative solutions to complex subcontracting
- Interprets and develops subcontract policies and procedures.
Ensures compliance with company policy and procedures and
applicable government regulations. Maintains an awareness of
regulatory changes and their impact on subcontracts.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and
provides review and interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Represents the organization as the primary subcontract
administrator on assigned subcontracts to internal and external
customers and suppliers.
- Makes presentations to internal and external representatives as
- Provides guidance and leadership to less experienced
professional subcontract administrators or support staff, and
participates in training and development of subcontract staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Preforms other duties as assigned or required.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
Job Qualifications:Typically requires a bachelor's degree in
business administration or a related discipline along with fifteen
or more years of progressive professional experience in Defense
Contractor purchasing/subcontracting. Equivalent professional
purchasing/subcontract experience may be substituted in lieu of
- Must be well versed in Government Contracting (ie. FAR, DFARS,
ITAR), and have a comprehensive and thorough understanding of
acquisition principles, theories and concepts related to government
rules and regulations supporting major defense agencies (ie. DoD,
NASA), and experience demonstrating a broad application of those
practices, techniques, standards and regulations.
- Must have experience and familiarity with Statements of Work
and SDRL management.
- Must have an understanding of EVMS and experience in cost-type
contracts, time & material, as well as fixed price
- Must have experience and familiarity with special payment types
(ie. milestones, PBPs, progress payments, etc.).
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to
develop innovative solutions to a variety of unusually complex
problems; (2) excellent verbal and written communication and
presentation skills to accurately document and report findings and
communicate new concepts to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent
interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and guide
employees, managers, customers and other external parties; (4) the
ability to organize, schedule and coordinate multiple work phases;
(5) the ability to lead less experienced professional employees on
projects; and (6) excellent computer skills.
- International buying experience is desirable (ie. ITAR, EAR,
- Must have working knowledge of Excel (ie. pivot tables,
VLOOKUP, graph creation).
- SAP experience is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is
essential; capable of representing the organization as a primary
contact on subcontract matters with program management, suppliers,
and customers, and provide leadership to less experienced
professional employees on projects.
- Must possess the ability to provide leadership in developing
and communicating new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an
evolving environment; organize, schedule and coordinate multiple
work phases; determine the appropriate approach at the task or
- Ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Keywords: General Atomics, San Diego , Senior Subcontract Administrator, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!