Electrical System Design Engineer
Company: General Atomics
Posted on: May 15, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting career opportunity for an Electrical System
Design Engineer working in our Unmanned Aircraft Systems group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops innovative but practical solutions for advanced
technical systems, including electrical power systems, vehicle
management/flight control systems, payload subsystems, etc..
- Develops system architecture drawings, analyzes system
architectures, understands electrical circuits and their operation
at the system level, manages aircraft power budgets, evaluates
equipment for compliance to GA-ASI requirements, etc.
- Provides technical coordination between internal functional
disciplines and of vendors.
- Presents report(s) at engineering meetings, develops
presentations, and participates in and sometimes leads program
- Directs the activities of designers and technicians, and may
direct the activities of less experienced professional staff.
- Provides focal point for technical communication within the
Company and may represent the organization in providing solutions
to technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Addresses technical issues requiring novel and creative
approaches drawing on engineering concepts.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practicesWe recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a bachelor s degree, master s degree or PhD
in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited
institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four
or more years of experience with a bachelor s degree or two or more
years of experience with a master s degree. May substitute
equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts,
principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad
application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of
principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly;
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize,
schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the
appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the
project level to provide solutions to a range of complex
- Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation,
presentation, and interpersonal skills; able to perform complex
tasks in one engineering area; and, lead a team of less experienced
professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team
- Experience with FAA Regulations, NATO Standards, Military
Specifications, and other aerospace industry standards is
- All applicants must be current US Citizens for this position
and must be able to obtain and maintain a DOD security
- Experience with aircraft electrical systems is desired.
- Familiarity with GA-ASI products is desired.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Aircraft pilot experience is desired but not required.
- Able to travel to flight test facilities in Southern
California, Arizona, and other locations as required.
Keywords: General Atomics, San Diego , Electrical System Design Engineer, Other , Bonita, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!