Front Desk Supervisor
Company: Sage Hospitality Resources, LLP
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Recently awarded #1 Top Workplaces in 2021 by the San Diego Union
Tribune, The Guild Hotel San Diego is looking for passionate
individuals to join our team. Come be a part of our award-winning
We are looking for a Front Desk Supervisor! If you are passionate
about hospitality, and enjoy enriching lives one experience at a
time, apply today! Sage Hospitality Group is looking for top talent
and we look forward to hearing from you!
At Sage Hospitality Group, we look for innovative leaders, with an
eye for disruption. Never looking for someone just looking for a
job, we are looking for the power players, the people who want to
rise to the top. Sage allows for opportunities for growth and
personal fulfillment, paying attention to the parts that keep us
human and happy. We want to attract and retain associates that are
engaged in our culture, passionate about hospitality and excited to
enrich lives, one experience at a time. Sage Hospitality Group was
founded on a spirt of bold individuality. By going our own way, we
have created some of the world's best hotels, restaurants, and
experiences. But the truth is, none of it would have happened
without people like you. People who follow their own path, who are
hungry to learn and who love their community. People who do not sit
around and wait, they just do. You belong here.
Supervises front office staff ensuring an efficient operation
producing excellent results for our customers. Responds in a
professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and
in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and
services. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding
reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.
* Supervise the operations of the front desk to ensure an optimal
level of service and hospitality is provided to the guests.
* Train, direct the work of, resolve issues/problems and coach and
counsel the front desk team members to ensure a quality
* Resolve customer issues, complaints, problems in a quick,
efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
and quality service.
* Completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests and
facilitates guest departure in order to close the guest account and
make the room available for the next guest.
* Regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest
accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash
handling methods and established procedures in order to present the
customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and
maintain accurate hotel records.
* Courteously and accurately answers inquiries from potential
guests and accepts hotel reservations. Uses suggestive selling
techniques to sell room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
* Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all
in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and
concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses in person and on
* Operates the PBX equipment, including, assisting outgoing calls,
scheduling and setting wake-up calls and paging guests.
* Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains
complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel
bank agreement policy.
* Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all
* Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary
High school education or equivalent experience.
1 or more full years employment experience in a related position
with this company or other organization(s).
* Requires understanding of all hotel front office procedures.
* Requires high school graduate level mathematical aptitude and
knowledge of standard cash handling procedures and computerized
cash register systems.
* Must have past experience in dealing directly with the public and
acquired general knowledge of basic customer service skills.
* Requires knowledge of company/hotel policies and procedures and
the ability to determine course of action based on these
* Requires supervision/management skills.
* Ability to communicate information and hotel services to
management and guests. Second language may be required.
* Must be able to operate computer, calculator and telephone
keyboards, for cash handling and paperwork processing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Ability to communicate in person and on telephone frequently.
* Ability to read written communiqu--s, analyzing reports and
seeing monochrome computer screen.
* Excellent speech communication skills required for continual
interaction with guests. Frequent use of phone.
* Excellent literacy necessary to analyze report data, prepare
reports and initiate correspondence.
* Continuous standing 90% of time -communicating with guests.
* No climbing required. No driving required.
* Lifting up to 50 lbs. guest luggage; limited. Pushing up to 50
lbs. bell cart; limited. Pulling up to 50 lbs. bell cart; limited.
Carrying up to 25 lbs. guest luggage; limited.
* Continuous standing -80% of shift.
Prolonged standing at indoor, thermostatically climate-controlled
work station under florescent lighting. Work inside 95%
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Health savings and flexible spending accounts
* Basic Life and AD&D insurance
* Paid time off for vacation, sick time, and holidays
* Eligible to participate in the Company's 401(k) program with
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Great discounts on Hotels, Restaurants, and much more.
* Eligible to participate in the Employee Referral Bonus Program.
Up to $1,000 per referral.
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Property : The Guild Hotel
Outlet: Not Applicable
Category: Front Desk & Guest Services
Address : 500 W Broadway
City : San Diego
State : California
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
Keywords: Sage Hospitality Resources, LLP, San Diego , Front Desk Supervisor, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!