VP, Procurement & Supply Chain
Company: General Atomics
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 15, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Vice President, Procurement &
Supply Chain to work out of our executive office in Poway,
California, a suburb of San Diego.
This position reports to the VP of Contracts and Subcontracts and
has the primary responsibility for directing the procurement and
supply chain functions for the Company. The position is accountable
for overseeing the supply chain management function in connection
with the procurement/purchase of materials, parts, components,
systems and equipment, etc. Responsible for developing procurement
and sourcing strategies to ensure the procurement functions are
performed in a manner which meet the Company s objectives and are
in compliance with contractual agreements, required laws and
regulations. The position provides counsel to senior leadership on
the implications of procurement issues and ensures that current and
future needs of contracts and subcontracts functions are met.
- Design, implement, administer, and monitor procurement
policies, programs, processes, and systems.
- Oversees the procurement/purchasing functions for the
- Counsel management on the implication of legislative and
- Counsel management on ethics and compliance matters and
develop, present, and monitor training programs to communicate
those matters to staff.
- Ensure successful negotiation of major procurement
- Develop sourcing and contracting strategies, to include
negotiating competitive teaming relationships with suppliers.
- Establish Strategic Supplier Management of critical suppliers
and manage relationships/partnerships with other key
- Ensure current and future needs of contracts and subcontracts
functions are met.
- Represent the Company with regard to procurement matters in
relations with global customers and business and non-business
communities Responsible for ensuring the continued government
approval of the contracts and subcontracts processes and
- May negotiate contracts and coordinate purchasing activities
with other departments such as, engineering and manufacturing to
maintain inventories at planned levels.
- May be responsible for export/import compliance.
- Responsible for responding to internal and external audits of
the procurement functions.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other
applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business
is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring
work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.
Job Qualifications:Job Qualifications:
- Masters degree in Business or related field along with 20 to 25
years experience in federal Government and commercial international
procurement and supply chain in the aerospace and defense
- Minimum 5 years experience as an executive overseeing a large
- Experience closing major international agreements within
aerospace and defense industry.
- Requires customer engagement on complex competitive pursuits
and alignment with strategic international suppliers as key
discriminators for success.
- Possesses advanced conflict resolution and planning
- Proven capability to write and/or rewrite contractual language,
and recommend alternate contractual language.
- Availability to travel to international and domestic locations
Keywords: General Atomics, San Diego , VP, Procurement & Supply Chain, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!