Pet Care Assistant (PCA)
Company: La Jolla Veterinary Hospital
Location: La Jolla
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionWe are looking for a "PCA" (Pet Care Assistant)
to assist our highly-skilled veterinary technician team in the
necessary tasks it takes to facilitate the highest caliber of
veterinary medicine. This is an entry level position that would
perfectly suite an individual that is interested in becoming a
veterinary professional. We are willing to train the right
candidate in all areas related to veterinary medicine as long as
you have extraordinary communication skills, are interested in
veterinary medicine and are highly detail oriented.The
responsibilities of this candidate are include but are limited to
- Conducting follow-up phone calls with clients to obtain the
status of a pet's health, report lab results and conduct other
- Perform pharmacy technician tasks.
- Assist the veterinarian and the hospital team in managing
medical-related tasks and in-house client care tasks.
- Prepping the surgery and dental suite for anesthetic
- Cleaning, disinfecting and restocking the surgery suites after
- Wrapping surgery packs
- Assisting in surgical recovery and pre-surgical care of animal
- Assisting the veterinarian and technician staff with pets'
medical treatments such as vaccines, Xrays, blood draws, etc.
- Cleaning, disinfecting and preparing kennels for canine and
feline hospital guests.
- Conducting miscellaneous tasks including but limited to laundry
(Surgery, kennel, hospital, etc.), cleaning, stocking, and prepping
exam rooms, medical and surgical equipment.
Keywords: La Jolla Veterinary Hospital, San Diego , Pet Care Assistant (PCA), Other , La Jolla, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!