Company: Vittori & Company Llc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION If you are an experienced
Captain in the events industry, we have immediate positions for you
at The Wild Thyme Company! Come join our fun Foodie Family! The
Wild Thyme Company's senior server, Captain, will oversee staff and
execute events accordingly to banquet event order, notes and client
requests. They will display a leadership role to manage on-site
staff and be a liaison between the client and The Wild Thyme
Company. The goal is to enhance customer satisfaction so that we
can maintain and expand our clientele. The Captain will report
directly to the Event Manager and Sales Rep on site. Are you
looking to pick up occasional shifts or work consistently every
week? We may have the perfect job for you! Full time, part time, On
call. We have all of these positions available.
You are to ensure that the following goals are met:
1. Arrive to work on time.
2. Execute and implement set-up and breakdown of events.
3. Act as a liaison between client and TWTC.
4. Direct and delegate of place setting, F&B set up and
5. Properly set tables and bus, as needed.
6. Leading team members to ensure event runs smoothly and
7. Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
8. Maintain complete knowledge of service and set-up requirements
for the event.
9. Check F&B stations for proper supplies, organization and
10. Instruct designated employees to rectify any
11. Ensure assigned employees have reported to work and report on
any absent or tardy employees.
12. Coordinate breaks for assigned employees.
13. Assign stations and side work to servers in accordance with
14. Communicate additions or changes to assignments as they arise
throughout the shift.
15. Identify situations which compromise the company's standards
and delegate those tasks.
16. Conduct pre‐huddle shift meeting with servers and review all
information pertinent to set‐up and service of event.
17. Inspect employee grooming and uniforms rectify any
18. Check buffet stations/receptions/beverage for cleanliness,
attractiveness, and set-ups.
19. Ensure agreement with banquet event order and company standards
and resolve any problems.
20. Ensure replenishment of items as specified on banquet event
orders and requested by client.
21. Ensure that unused food is wrapped and properly packed,
designated condiments are broken down and properly stored (butters,
cream, dressings, etc) and all event supplies/equipment are packed
to designated crates/coolers.
22. Ensure all closing duties for staff are completed before staff
23. Provide feedback on staff performance and report disciplinary
issues to staffing manager and participate in training of new
hires, leads, and captains.
24. Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing
productivity and employee morale.
25. Complete all paperwork and closing duties in accordance with
26. Review status of events and any follow‐up action with Operation
Manager, Event Planner, and Sales Rep.
27. Anticipate customers' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge
all customers, however busy.
28. Monitor and handle customer complaints by following the instant
pacification procedures and ensure customer satisfaction.
29. Maintains cleanliness and organization in all work areas.
30. Uphold and ensure compliance with all company standards of
quality, timing, policies and procedures.
31. Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known
safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to Operation
Manager or Director of Operations and Culinary immediately.
32. Attends quarterly Leads and Captains meetings and brings
suggestions for improvement.
Keywords: Vittori & Company Llc, San Diego , CAPTAIN, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!