Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Volt has partnered with a leading manufacturer in San Diego, CA
to help identify multiple Machine Operators for immediate hire.
This role will be working as a Metal Form Machine Operator.
As a Metal Forming Operator you will be responsible for:
- Setting up and operating various types and sizes of hydraulic
piercing machines, drop-hammers, hydroforming machines, hydraulic
presses, punch presses, spinning lathes, expander- shrinker
machines and trimming tools to form and pierce sheet metal,
extruded, and other production parts. Make open and closed molds,
cast tooling and parts.
- Setting up and operating various types and sizes of metal
forming and hydraulic piercing machines such as brakes and metal
cutting equipment and/or arbor type hot forming presses to form
production, experimental, or developmental parts
- Setting up and operating various types and sizes of drop
hammers to form production, experimental or developmental parts
involving complex contours, sharp angles and/or deep draws which
result in severe forming
- Align and center punches and dies to predetermined clearances
and heights by using indicators, gauges, production aids, shims,
spacers, and wedges. Adjust cams, hydraulic valves, electrical
timing, microswitches, length of stroke of ram and index rings to
proper location and height.
- Adjust automatic feed head for pierce depth. Maintain required
hydraulic pressure and temperature of oil according to hardness or
gauge of metal.
- Adjust air pressure of punch when required. Apply lubricant to
part, punch and die when necessary.
- Apply proper lubricants following established procedures or
oral and written instructions. Perform cold and hot forming
- Set up and operate spinning lathes to form and final trim sheet
metal parts. Set up and operate hydraulic forming machines.
- Perform such typical foundry operations as determining the
proper size flash to use, method of placing and withdrawing
patterns when backdrafting, placement, location and method of
supporting cores, proper temperature at which metal should be
poured and method of pouring
- Make all types of open and closed molds to exacting tolerances.
Perform such typical operations as placing pattern in position to
flask, placing cores, screening and cutting sand, ramming sand
around pattern to proper consistency, removing pattern, placing
vents, cutting gates and pouring metal into mold.
- Remove casting irregularities by die grinding.
- Perform peening of preformed parts as required. Use blueprints
or templates to determine trim lines.
- Candidates selected must meet all pre-screening eligibility
- Ability to use hand tools
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing / machine operating related
We are hiring for 2nd shift from 2:30pm 11pm. Pay is $25/hr.
Position is long term indefinite temp offering a foot in the door
of a very stable and well known organization.
VOLT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Volt, San Diego , Machine Operator, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!