Company: Meggitt PLC
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme
environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense
and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across
manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with
regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Materials Lead directs the activities and employees who ship
and receive supplies, materials and manufactured parts. Ensures the
proper materials and procurement for Meggitt's projects. Oversees
the processes for the storage, inventory, equipment and materials
needed, while following policies, procedures and safety
regulations. A Materials Lead identifies, transports, packs,
removes, and disposes of materials. Materials Lead will also
perform Material Handlers duties.
Job Core Responsibilities
* The Materials Lead directs the activities and employees who ship
and receive supplies, materials and manufactured parts.
* Effectively manages and develops staff for the Shipping and
Receiving Function and oversees the related activities
* Ensures the effective and efficient operation, of the broad
functional area to control the flow of goods and regulates
warehouse space in accordance with established policies and
* Confirms the Shipping and Receiving Function has sufficient
resources, skills and capabilities in place to meet objectives.
* Leads and directs work for team of employees as defined by
* Monitors and reports on key metrics and performance indicators to
enable the accurate and timely monitoring of objectives.
* Administers and operates the organization's warehouses, including
processing, packaging and storage of supplies, materials and
* Identifies roadblocks and inefficiencies in business processes
and makes improvements to ensure requirements are met
* Accounts for all materials and supplies in the stores facilities;
audits goods received into warehouse
* Oversees receipt, storage and shipment of materials, and related
reporting in accordance with established procedures
* Prepares and coordinates schedules for shipping and receiving
materials to control the flow of goods and regulate warehouse
* Follows specific quality criteria to maintain quality system
requirements, record data within a computerized business system
that includes dimensions, weight, quantity or other specific
* Participates in continuous improvement activities on a daily
basis and on project teams
* Ensures the effectiveness of operating procedures, space
utilization, and maintenance and protection of facilities and
* Follows all safety policy, procedures and safety regulations
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need
to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional
hours as necessary
* Familiarity of HAZMAT materials and the ability to identify,
transport, pack, remove, and dispose of materials. The candidate
must follow safety procedures and regulations, including wearing
special protective gear and disposing
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or
equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience
that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Years Experience: 3 or more years of experience working in a
warehouse/shipping and receiving environment, Previous experience
is a leadership role is preferred.
* Strong PC Proficiency required in M2M with general knowledge of
MS Word/Excel and Bartender ID Software
* Understanding of DLA and Lean/Continuous methodologies.
* FOD & Tool Control
* 6S Methodologies/ Inventory Control
* Must be able to lift, hold and carry up to 40 pounds unaided.
Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
* Strong communication skills are vital to the success of this
position (this includes verbal, written, and listening skills).
* Ability to adapt to change in a rapidly growing environment.
* Flexibility at handling different tasks simultaneously.
* Ability to identify problems in the work environment and come up
* Positive and optimistic outlook towards work and others..
* Organized and self-motivated.
* Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
* Ability to manage multiple duties, set priorities and follow
tasks through completion.
* Must be able to work extended hours as required.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants
must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a
U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green
Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career
center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or
Keywords: Meggitt PLC, San Diego , Materials Lead, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!