Executive Assistant to C-Level
Company: atai Life Sciences
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 25, 2022
atai Life Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on
developing novel treatments (both psychedelic and non-psychedelic)
for mental health disorders so that everyone, everywhere can live a
more fulfilled life. We are developing psychedelic and
non-psychedelic compounds and cutting-edge digital therapeutic
tools. We are excited about anything that might mean a true leap
forward for patients. We have offices in Berlin, London, New York,
Boston and San Diego (and our office culture is important to
us).What is the purpose of the role?We are searching for a
collaborative, intuitive, seasoned Executive Assistant whose
primary responsibility will be to provide comprehensive support to
the Chief Scientific Officer, including substantial interactions
with the internal leadership team, and various external investors
and stakeholders.This dynamic position requires the ability to
anticipate needs, a high degree of tact and discretion, a highly
professional and corporate presence, self-confidence, flexibility,
and adaptability. The ability to effectively work in a fast-paced
changing environment is critical to success in the position.In this
position you'll be part of an energizing and supportive startup
team culture, engaged in continuous learning, and part of an
exceptional international team.This role is based at our site in
Del Mar Heights (San Diego), CA.What you will achieve:
- Within your first month, you will have built strong
relationships across the R&D team and developed a comprehensive
understanding of the CSOs responsibilities throughout the company
and across subsidiary boards, while Providing sophisticated
calendar management for the CSO.
- By the end of your first month, you will be working closely
with the Investor Relations and Communications team to streamline
processes for CSOs involvement in global conferences, stakeholder
engagement, and media opportunities.
- By the end of your second month, you will be anticipating the
CSO's needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc., working to
keep CSO well informed of upcoming commitments and
responsibilities. You will actively develop a sense for the issues
taking place in the environment and keep the CSO updated.
- After 3 months you will be confidently handling and resolving
complex administrative tasks in support of wholly owned and
partially owned subsidiary companies. You will have demonstrated a
trusted ability to make the right calls taking human, legal and
compliance factors into account. You will serve as the primary
point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all
matters pertaining to the CSO, including those of a highly
confidential or critical nature and you will be able to prioritize
and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response,
exercising judgement to reflect CSO's style and organization
policy.Who will be successful in this role:Those who succeed at
atai will be strongly aligned with our values:
- Conscious Care: We take every action in service of our ultimate
goal: to heal mental health disorders for all while caring for
ourselves and our team.
- Bold Entrepreneurship: We are "loosely coupled but tightly
aligned" as we strive for excellence over perfection, fast and
focused to accelerate innovation for patients.
- Collaborative Innovation: individuals and teams work together
with good humor and no drama, valuing different perspectives and
diversity of thought, background, nationality, and style.
- Radical Responsibility: We take full responsibility for our
circumstances. We grow and learn from failures, always looking to
improve.To succeed in this specific role, the following will also
- Highly empathetic and good at building relationships: Quickly
establishes good working relationships across teams and time zones.
Understands the need to build relationships (internal and external)
before she needs them.
- Eliminating gossip: Addresses conflicts directly and
immediately. No tolerance for office politics. Builds a culture of
- Effective communication: Listens first, letting others speak.
Persuasive, clear and succinct written and verbal
- Ownership: Follow-through on verbal and written commitments.
From time to time when needed proactively takes on additional
responsibility not part of her/his defined accountability.
- Growth mindset: we believe we can get better - individually and
as a team - through feedback and hard work.
- 'Player Coach' mentality: throws themselves into work as part
of the team, leading by example. Always has detailed knowledge of
what is going on across the organization and willing to dive in to
make improvements and to help others do the same.Qualifications /
experience that we'd like to see:
- 5+ years' experience as an Executive Assistant or similar
- Experience in (Bio-) Tech, Research & Development, and/or
- Highly resourceful and able to handle complex and competing
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of work with a sense of urgency
without letting quality slip
- High sense of empathy with an outstanding ability to work
Keywords: atai Life Sciences, San Diego , Executive Assistant to C-Level, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!