Company: 360 Destination Group
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 25, 2022
360 Destination Group is a leading destination management
company with offices throughout California, Las Vegas, Florida,
Texas, Arizona, Chicago and New York. We are seeking Account
Executive candidates to support the growth and demand for our
destination management services in the San Diego Area.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To support the vision, mission and guiding principles of the
- While performing any procedure, all associates must observe
applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines.
The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is
- Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars
relevant to this position.
- Adhere to appropriate company operating procedures, benefit
rules, employment, and safety policies/practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional customer service through the creative
development and fulfillment of program content.
- Represent 360DG at national industry events, local industry
events, tradeshows and conferences, as required by General
- Promote destination and company capabilities via sales trips
and formal presentations to incentive and corporate clients and
hotels, as required by General Manager.
- Develop and nurture consistent relationships with key
- Organize Familiarization tours for clients and prospective
clients, and directly oversee all local sales-related special
projects, including, but not limited to: local client events,
hotelier appreciation events, sponsorship and promotional
commitments, and planning/execution of sales events with various
hotel partners both locally and nationally.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with
vendors, CVB, industry consortiums, and third parties.
- Actively prospect and develop new opportunities within
designated market territories as currently structured.
- Booking and releasing of tentative holds for venues, vendors,
and activities for proposals being generated.
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled Sales Strategy
Meetings with General Manager. Use of extensive expertise of
current and upcoming industry trends and maintaining knowledge of
assigned markets and hotel partners via compiling and analyzing
data to find trends.
- Develop sales strategies and meet or exceed minimum margin
expectations and quotas through program development in accordance
with company financial goals.
- Work as a team with Design and Development Managers through
production of proposals and maintain control over the program
details, pricing and deadlines throughout the sales process; hit
- Conduct site inspections with client by setting up appointments
and creating a timeline and site book.
- Understand the site inspection policy and communicate billing
procedures to DDM and Operations.
- Maintain CRM database with current and future client contact
information and needs.
- Record all client communication.
- Proactively reach out to ensure client satisfaction/retention
while continuously searching and closing new business.
- Participate in turn-over meeting with Operations Manager and
Design and Development Manager.
- Provide continuous service to customers from program inception
through completion, attending pre-convention meetings and
maintaining visible presence throughout program operations.
- Work with Marketing on sales materials and website
- Send all final program surveys to completed events and follow
up on any potential future business needs and/or referrals to other
360DG offices, with a focus on building long-term relationships
with all accounts.
- Maintain a presence on social media and other sales outreach
platforms; organize sales drops.
- Stay up-to-date and on the pulse of events, new venues, and new
experiences in local destination.
QUALITY OF WORK RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Each employee at 360DG is expected to carry out all Quality of
Work Responsibilities: to work as a productive team member, take
initiative, act creatively, operate flexibly, and do everything
with honesty, integrity, and with a focus on client
- Work well in a fast-paced team environment, be willing to help
others, work overtime when required, and deliver quality service to
- Act in a self-starting way, make good independent decisions,
and take steps to complete work within time parameters.
- Generate new and innovative ways to improve 360DG products and
- Recognize essential elements of a challenge and develop
- Be detail-oriented with vendor contracts, invoices, and
- Respond quickly to changing circumstances, anticipate new
developments where possible, and be receptive to new ideas and
- Act in a forthright way.
- Give and accept feedback constructively.
- Recognize and consider the client's expectations and needs, be
willing to "do what it takes" to fulfill those expectations.
- Any other duties as assigned.
JOB SCOPE:This job has recurring work situations involving moderate
degrees of discretion. The need for accuracy and effective
utilization of accepted policies and procedures is high. Errors in
judgment and execution will waste time and resources, adversely
impacting unit performance. Employees operate independently but
work is verified by supervision.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Seven or more years total work experience with a minimum of
five years of hospitality (DMC or Hotel) experience.
- Two years of sales related experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in client relations, proposal writing, detailed
budget management, event design, contract management, and vendor
- Advanced skills in CRM Systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledgeable of the local destination offerings such as
restaurants, clubs, festivals, tours, and venues.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently on projects
that require initiative.
EQUIPMENT & APPLICATIONS:
- Computer, phone, copiers, smart phones, tablets, and other
standard office equipment.
JOB CONDITIONS:The specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the
work environment is usually low. The physical demands described
below are representative of those that must be met by an associate
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the associate is:
- Frequently required to perform administrative and professional
work using writing tools and electronic media.
- Required to be ambulatory to move around freely between
buildings and between levels within buildings.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic
or caustic chemicals associated with office work.
To apply for this position, please e-mail Briana Hitt at
Keywords: 360 Destination Group, San Diego , Account Executive, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!