Licensed Vocational Nurses - San Diego and South Riverside
Company: The Elizabeth Hospice
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Overview:The Elizabeth Hospice is San Diego's oldest non-profit
hospice of 40 years. We are growing and looking for talented
individuals to join our high performing team and support our
mission. We serve all of San Diego county and south Riverside
county with multiple hospice office locations.
All successful candidates must be fully vaccinated, subject to
certain limited exceptions required by applicable law.
Our Mission: To enhance the quality of life for those nearing the
end of life's journey and for those who grieve.
We place a high importance on our employees and reward staff in
several ways such as:
- Competitive hospice industry compensation
- Benefits package with multiple plan offerings and generous
- 401(k) Retirement plan with employer match
- Supportive work culture which encourages work life balance
- Substantial Paid Time Off, paid holidays & birthday
- Employee development program managed by in-house education
department to support individualized orientation and professional
- Tuition Reimbursement program
- Monthly mileage reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Business casual attire for office
staffResponsibilities:SUMMARY: Provides professional nursing care
under supervision of RN for assigned patients across the life span
(perinatal, pediatrics, and adults) in patients' homes or
facilities according to established standards and practice.
Participates as a team member of the clinical interdisciplinary
team to ensure appropriate resources to all internal/external
customers. Follows The Elizabeth Hospice rules, policies,
procedures, applicable laws and standards addressed in the
Compliance Program. Responsible for carrying out the mission,
vision, values and quality commitment of The Elizabeth Hospice.
JOB DUTIES/KNOWLEDGE/JOB PERFORMANCE:
- Assists RN in analyzing situation, anticipating problem areas
and taking appropriate course of action.
- Evaluates the response of patient, relative to the expected
outcomes in a safe and timely manner.
- Performs licensed nurse skills as stated in basic skills
checklist, policies and procedures, standards of care, critical
competencies based on scope of practice.
- Adheres to the direction provided by the RN on the plan of care
for the patient.
- Responsible for delivering services under the supervision of
the and in collaboration with the RN.
- Under the supervision of the RN, implements and documents
teaching plan based on: mutually assessed needs of patient and
family, in a timely manner, teaching strategy suitable for the
learning ability and cultural background of the patient and
- Documents completely all care provided to patient including
telephone interaction with other staff members. Charting standards
are followed. Maintains timely patient documentation using "point
of care" electronic charting.
- Enters or retrieves data from established computer files.
- Orients, instructs and trains assigned personnel.
- Performs Phlebotomy as needed.
- Provides support to agency in completion of assigned audit and
other office duties as assigned.
- Adhering to the E-way standards is a requirement in performing
all job duties.
DEGREE OF TRAVEL:
- Travel required for patient visits.
- Occasional travel for educational purposes.
Primary Service Locations: All of San Diego and south Riverside
Office Locations: Escondido, Mission Valley, Carlsbad,
- Minimum experience of 6-12 months with preferred experience of
1-2 years in acute care setting, home health or hospice.
- Current California LVN license.
- Ability to answer phones, maintain patient charts, and schedule
- Ability to use calculator, computer and copy machines.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred.
- Pediatric experience preferred.
- Current California driver's license and proof of insurance
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Current CPR/BLS Certification required.
- Current TB test results required.
"The Elizabeth Hospice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including
sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law."
Keywords: The Elizabeth Hospice, San Diego , Licensed Vocational Nurses - San Diego and South Riverside, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!