CAPS Chemist I
Company: B. Braun Medical
Location: San Diego
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.
CAPS Chemist I
Job ID: 2022-20157
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
San Diego (CAPS San Diego)
CAPS -, the nation's largest network of outsourcing admixture
pharmacies, has been delivering high-quality, same-day, admixture
services and solutions to hospitals and outpatient facilities for
more than 28 years. Along with the nation's largest 503A sterile
injectable outsourcing network, CAPS offers industry-leading batch
compounding on a national scale through three 503B registered
outsourcing facilities. With experience, capacity, and a passion
for safety, CAPS is your 503B solution.
CAPS is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S.
Position Summary:The Chemist I is responsible for performing
instrument qualifications, analytical methods validation, and
stability validation for new and existing pharmaceutical products.
This position is responsible for performing independent tasks of
great complexity with limited guidance from senior personnel,
demonstrate high problem solving skills and developing,
implementing and managing projects. This position is also
responsible for routine CAPS' raw material and finished product
sampling and testing and other routine functions as required by
CAPS.Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Review, write, and execute validation and stability protocols
for new and existing pharmaceutical products in accordance with USP
or FDA guidelines.
- Perform analytical methods validation and instrument
- May represent department in contacts with regulatory agencies,
including interfacing with FDA investigators.
- Perform routine HPLC or other chemistry analysis of finished
products, raw materials, stability and CAPS samples according to
established specifications and procedure using various laboratory
- Interpret and apply specifications and operating procedures
when carrying out both monitoring and testing
- Record data in controlled notebooks and into the validated
spreadsheets accurately and thoroughly.
- Perform instrument operation, troubleshooting, and instrument
maintenance as required. Prepare standards and reagents according
to established procedures and specifications.
- Follow cGMP and CAPS' SOP requirements in all appropriate
functions and notify supervisor of any observed issues and problems
with the laboratory or testing results.
- Conduct inventory and proper disposal of expired reagents,
standards, chemicals used in the laboratory.
- Receive and log in CAPS samples and prepare testing
- Perform proper hazardous waste removal.
- May initiate out-of-specification (OOS) investigation and
conduct follow through of the completion.
- Support Special Projects and work with cross-functional group
on development of special test methods.
- Adhere to all Safety, Laboratory, and CAPS' policy.Expertise:
Knowledge & Skills
- Work independently
- Scientific instrumentation and computer skills
- Interpret scientific data
- Data compilation techniques
- Professional demeanor
- Technical writing skills
- Project management skills
- Troubleshooting and minor repairs of analytical instrument such
as HPLC, GC, etc.
Expertise: Qualifications -
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry (Master's is a plus).
- Minimum 2 - 3 years chemistry laboratory experience.
- Theoretical knowledge of subject matter, CGMP, FDA guidelines,
GLP and USP.
- Knowledge in HPLC, GC/MS, ICP/MS, HLPC/MS.
- Knowledge in EXCEL and PowerPoint is a plus.
- Domestic TravelDesired:
- N/A.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently
is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds..
What We Offer
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes
healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more
about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing
of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at
www.bbraunusa.com. Through its Sharing Expertise - initiative, B.
Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of
healthcare products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.
Keywords: B. Braun Medical, San Diego , CAPS Chemist I, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!