Principal Systems Engineer - Platform, Network & OAM (Remote)
Location: Imperial Beach
Posted on: August 7, 2022
In our 'always on' world, we believe it's essential to have a
genuine connection with the work you do. -Be one of the bold and
engineer advanced networks with us. We are looking for
extraordinarily hardworking, forward-thinking, and driven people.
If you would like to be part of a global multi-cultural team
dedicated to delivering industry-leading performance through
outstanding talent, a culture of innovation and teamwork, this is
an opportunity you won't want to miss! -CommScope is looking for a
-Principal Systems Engineer - Platform, Network & OAM for our
Systems Engineering team. This is US based fully remote role -How
You'll Help Us Connect The World:As a member of our Small Cell
Product's Systems engineering team this position will be a Senior
Systems Architect for our product platform, product networking
design & OAM. This role will be instrumental in defining system
requirements, work with our engineering development to help design
the system and collaborate with Quality Assurance to help verify
the requirements for our LTE & 5G based products. You'll have the
opportunity to recommend groundbreaking technology to include in
products and work closely with customers to understand their needs
firsthand. More specifically this includes:
- Define testable system and feature requirements for CommScope
Small Cell products. Requirements should be defined for a scalable
and extensible system architecture.
- Conduct review(s) for your requirements and address/discuss
review comments from multi-functional teams.
- Work with engineering development and SVT(QA) to help generate
appropriate work estimates for the said requirements.
- Review design documents and Unit test plan from engineering
development for the requirements.
- Review system verification test plan from QA for the
- Review and provide recommendations on technical documents
written throughout the organization.
- Engage with customers on explaining technical details of our
products and propose solutions for customer specific
- Engage with Product Team (PLM) for product requirements.
- Engage with NPI (New Product Introduction/Sales Engineering)
and Tech support teams for field support.
- The position may require some software development and testing
during feasibility study and developing Proof of Concept (PoC).
-Required Qualifications for Consideration: -
- MS in Computer Science/Electronics & Communication or a related
field with minimum 8 years of proven experience. Experienced
engineers with BS degrees and higher years of experience may be
- Experience in systems architecture and system design with
- Experience designing for Element Management System/Device
Management System (OAM/OA&M, FCAPS).
- Experience in designing for system performance & capacity, high
availability, reliability & scalability.
- Experience in device management frameworks and protocols such
as TR069, NETCONF, SNMP etc. and data models such as MIB, YANG,
TR196, TR181 etc.
- Experience in analytics and processing tools used in post
processing & analyzing system performance data/operational
- Experience in SQL & NOSQL databases and database
- Experience in REST, SOAP/XML, JSON messaging formats.
- Experience in object oriented programming languages like
- Knowledge in micro services design (CNF), Cloud platforms,
Service Oriented Architectures -and building Cloud Native
- Consistent track record for testing, deep dive fixing and
solving complex real-world issues in the areas of element
management / device management & OAM/FCAPS.
- Strong interpersonal skills. -You'll excite us if you have:
- Familiarity with operating systems such as Linux/Unix
- Experience with scripting languages like SHELL, TCL, Perl,
Python for test automation desirable.
- Knowledge in IP and related technologies including IPv4, IPv6,
IPSEC, Routing protocols, Networking protocols, Security Protocols,
SIP, https, SSL/TLS.
- Familiarity in at least one wireless technology (Wi-Fi,
3GPP/3GPP2) -What happens after you apply?Learn how to prepare
yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting
https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hire -Perks & Benefits: The
candidate will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package,
including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life
and accidental death insurance, a 401(k) plan, and participation in
the Company's Annual Incentive Plan. -This position also benefits
from eligibility to participate in CommScope's Long-Term Incentive
Plan ("LTIP"), as approved by CommScope's Compensation Committee -
-Anticipated annual base salary range dependent on applicant's work
location, experience and qualifications: $130,000 - $180,000 -Our
dynamic work environment attracts forward-thinking, hardworking,
and caring people who strive to build what's next. We provide our
employees with opportunities where they can innovate and build
while growing and developing their careers. We grow with change and
know the value diversity plays in bringing forth new insights and
generating better solutions. -Here, you will find a collaborative
culture that encourages authenticity and champions inclusiveness.
Come connect to your future. -#LI-PT1#LI-Remote -Why
CommScope:CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that
empowers how we live, work, and learn. -Our employees push the
boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing
discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for
everyone, everywhere. -With our unmatched expertise in copper,
fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us
to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow. -
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and
caring people who strive to create what's next---..come connect to
your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people
with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation
for the application or interview process, please contact us to
submit your request at email@example.com. You can
also learn more about CommScope's accommodation process and EEO
policy at careers.commscope.com/eeo6975169751
Keywords: CommScope, San Diego , Principal Systems Engineer - Platform, Network & OAM (Remote), Other , Imperial Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!