XR Systems Engineer (San Diego, CA or Provo, UT)
Company: XCOM Labs
Location: San Diego
Posted on: August 7, 2022
XCOM Labs was founded by Paul Jacobs in 2018. Our team has a
proven history of building businesses and setting industry
standards. XCOM is a dynamic company that attracts highly talented
people who have a passion for transformative wireless technologies.
We believe that the only way to predict the future is to INVENT
XCOM Labs has developed an innovative end-to-end wireless network
solution that has unprecedented bandwidth. XCOM's unique technology
brings the robustness and multi-user mobility needed for advanced
VR and AR experiences. XCOM's system can achieve wired video
quality wirelessly, which enables users to enjoy their VR and AR
experiences together with other users without any service
disruption, poor video quality, and cables. The first public
demonstration of this system has achieved great success
What you'll be doingAs a XR Systems Engineer your responsibilities
will include the research and implementation of system-level
designs and algorithms for new features and technology enhancements
in a multi-user eXtended Reality (XR) system. You will be working
on cutting-edge wireless XR technology and will be responsible for
data collection, algorithm design, development, prototyping, and
What you will bring to XCOM
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering,
Systems Engineering or a closely related field
- 3+ years of professional experience with image and video
processing related work.
- 1+ year of professional experience in computer vision. Previous
work in Virtual/Augmented reality is a plus.
- Strong programming skills (C/C++) and fast prototyping skills
with Python and/or MATLAB.
- Experience with real-time video communications and video
quality assessment techniques.
- Understanding of image-based tracking technology concepts
(feature tracking, SLAM, etc).
- Basic understanding of networking concepts, protocols, and
networking tools. (e.g. Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team, with strong
It's a bonus if you have:
- Technical background in Computer Graphics.
- Experience with one game engine (Unity / Unreal Engine).
- Familiarity with both PC based and all-in-one VR HMDs.
- Familiarity with one AR device.
- Experience with video and audio codec utilization and
optimization is a plus.
- Familiarity with multi-player gaming design concepts.
- Fast learner and passionate about innovative VR/AR
What XCOM will bring to you!During your interview, you will learn
about our benefits, innovative technology, and welcoming corporate
culture. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, innovation, openness, and
- Professional growth and development by working with industry
leaders in 5g technology
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire
family with no premium cost to you
- Flexible work options based on business needs
- 401(k) Savings Plan and company equity
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Keywords: XCOM Labs, San Diego , XR Systems Engineer (San Diego, CA or Provo, UT), Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!