Manufacturing Supervisor M-F 5:00am-1:30pm
Company: Ignite Human Capital
Location: San Diego
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionManufacturing Supervisor - Zirconia - 1st
ShiftMonday-Friday, 5:00am-1:30pmArgen Corporation currently has an
exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Supervisor to join a
growing, technology-focused and service-oriented team. Are you
passionate about sourcing and finding highly skilled and qualified
talents? Do you thrive in a fast- paced and dynamic environment? If
you would like to be a part of an organization with an unwavering
commitment to quality dental solutions, then explore our career
opportunities and get to know Argen. About UsArgen is a
family-owned and privately held company based in San Diego, CA with
a state-of-the-art manufacturing center that provides high quality
dental solutions to dental labs of all sizes. Founded as a precious
metals company in South Africa, Argen has evolved into a dynamic,
technology-based manufacturing organization focused on three key
business segments, including dental alloys, zirconia, and digital
dentistry solutions. Argen continues to invest in innovative
product improvement initiatives through its Quality Management
System to provide our global customers with affordable,
high-performance products and industry-leading excellent service.
Argen's products are FDA regulated and ISO certified.About the
OpportunityIn this role, the Manufacturing Supervisor will
supervise operations and production to ensure the safe, timely, and
quality completion of all production work by effectively utilizing
people, equipment and materials.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Supervises the department's day to day operations.
- Ensures that employees follow department work instructions and
adhere to customer and industry standards for dental product.
- Supervises employee activities including evaluation and overall
performance management, training and development, initiating or
suggesting plans to motivate workers to achieve goals, and
effective communication with associates.
- Understands the product manufacturing process from initial
steps through final inspection.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production
schedules and goals.
- Makes recommendations to management to improve production
methods, equipment performance, overall work quality, working
conditions, and use of equipment.
- Coordinates time and production records and ensures that job
assignments are clearly communicated to employees in the
- Coordinates maintenance activities with department requirements
- Assists employees with diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and
equipment and alerts maintenance and management of problems with
- Assures the accurate and timely reporting of various records
which may including time sheets, production reports, rework
reports, check sheets, employee job transfers, etc.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other departments in
establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
- Maintains safe working conditions in assigned area by
continually working on safety awareness with associates and
enforcing safety regulations.
- Develops high performing work teams and appropriate performance
- Motivates and coaches employees by assessing employee
performance and providing helpful feedback and training
- Delegates tasks and manages progress to ensure successful
completion of department objectives.
- Creates and reinforces a culture of teamwork and actively
resolves conflicts within the team.
- Manages proactively by holding regular 1on1s and team meetings
to ensure open lines of communication and professional development
for direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned. What does it take to be successful?
- High School (HS) diploma required.
- One plus years of supervisory experience in a high-volume, low
automation assembly or light manufacturing environment.
- One plus years of people management experience preferably
supervising teams of 10+ employees.
- Manufacturing certification or related training preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience with an ERP computer program is a plus
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Problem solving capabilities
- Passionate about industry and desire to contribute where
- Schedule adherence and dependability.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and meet production goals.
- Ability to follow detailed directions in a manufacturing Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMP) environment is required.
- Ability to learn technical concepts by reading work
instructions and standard operating procedures, and completing
- Knowledge of cGMP regulations ISO 13485, 21CFR Part 820, CMDR
SOR/98-282, 93/42/EEC, RDC 16 2013, MHLW MO 169 and TG(MD)R Sch3
preferred.Our Awesome Benefits!Working for a growing innovative
company like Argen means exciting opportunities for training and
learning, career development and advancement from only the best in
the dental industry. With all that hard work, Argen is committed to
ensuring the welfare of its employees and provides an amazing
benefit package that includes:• Health Plans• Dental Plans• Vision
Plan• 401k with Employer Match• Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick
Time• Employee Events• Wellness Programs• Discounts for home,
travel, entertainment, relaxation that includes Mobile phone
service, Technology, Airline and Hotel, Theater/Theme Park tickets,
Restaurants and so much more!EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled VEVRAA Federal
ContractorPowered by JazzHR3oYvrQNW2Q
Keywords: Ignite Human Capital, San Diego , Manufacturing Supervisor M-F 5:00am-1:30pm, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!