Server- Baron Long
Company: Viejas Casino Resort
Posted on: September 23, 2022
The Restaurant Server is responsible for serving food and beverages
in a restaurant while completing all service standards to ensure
prompt and efficient service.
CORE SCOPE OF POSITION
* Takes orders from guests, writes orders down on server pad and
enters into Point of Sales (POS) system within prescribed time
limit according to Food and Beverage service standards.
* Describes menu in detail and answers questions regarding menu
ingredients, allergens and preparation. Informs guests on daily
* Performs on going quality checks with guests to ensure complete
satisfaction with their dining experience.
* Refills drinks, as necessary, and clears any unneeded items off
the table (pre-bussing).
* Anticipates guests' needs and responds appropriately to guests'
needs through vigilant attention to follow-up.
* Garnishes and completes dishes prior to serving.
* Delivers completed items from kitchen to guests utilizing hand
* Performs proper payment procedures, and assists with guests'
* Maintains complete knowledge of wines, both domestic and
international; selection, entre accompaniment, presentation, and
service. Makes recommendations to guest when necessary.
* Supports other team members by awareness of guests' needs,
outside of their own service areas. Alerts the area servers when
guests require attention or provides service to guests when
* Practices alcohol awareness and gets manager involved when
necessary. Knows the legal drinking age and procedures for
requesting proof of age from guests.
* Complies with company and departmental policies and standard
operating procedures, applicable governmental laws and
* Understands and practices excellent safety and sanitation
* Maintains knowledge of and effectively promotes company services
and player's club program.
* Ensures that a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment is
* Attends all schedule team member meetings and trainings.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Interacts with internal and external guests.
* Does not provide supervision to other team members.
* High school diploma or general education degree preferred.
* Food Handler's Card required.
* RASS or TIPS Certification of alcohol awareness program must be
obtained within 90 days of employment and maintain current
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* 1 to 2 years of related experience and/or training required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrate proficiency in cash handling.
* Ability to work in a professional high-pressure environment while
demonstrating and maintaining good personal relation/people skills
and a positive attitude.
* Ability to multitask and work well under stress.
* Must be a self-starter and able to adjust to change.
* Must be able to work flexible hours during the day or evening
including weekends, holidays, and all blackout dates.
Keywords: Viejas Casino Resort, San Diego , Server- Baron Long, Other , Alpine, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!