RMF Security Control Assessor - Validator (SCA-V)
Company: COLSA Corporation
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 23, 2022
General Summary: Performs system monitoring and analysis support
for the detection of cyber incidents and provides recommendations
on how to correct findings.Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors the network and supporting systems to detect security
compromise events (including intrusions and virus incidents).
- Provides standard support for processes, investigations, and
maintenance of system accreditation*
- Identifies where systems/networks deviate from acceptable
configurations, enclave policy, or local policy.*
- Provides recommendations for protecting networks, workstations,
servers, and IT assets.*
- Involved in conducting audits to ensure information systems
security policies and procedures are implemented as defined in
security plans and best practices. *
- Supports the formal testing requirements through pre-test
preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results,
and preparation of required reports.
- Involved in passive evaluations (compliance audits) and/or
active evaluations (vulnerability assessments).At COLSA, people are
our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We
invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of
our Family of Professionals! Learn about our employee-centric
culture and benefits here (https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits/)
. Required SkillsRequired Experience
- Associates Degree in related field, or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 related certifications may be used in place of
related academic field.
- 4-7 years of work related experience.
- 3-4 years of experience performing duties as a Navy RMF (Risk
Management Framework) ISSE or validator within the DoD/DoN (DoDI
8500.01, DoDI 8510.01, NIST SP 800-53, and CNSSI 1253).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance; US
- Ability to obtain an Information Assurance Technical Level II
(IAT II) certification within 6 months of hire.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.Preferred
- Bachelors Degree in related field.
- Current Security+ certification.
- Knowledge of the following: Microsoft Office, Scripting, ACAS,
HBSS, Windows 10, hardware/software troubleshooting, real-time
security situational awareness, operational network systems, and
security continuous monitoring. Applicant selected will be subject
to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility
requirements for access to classified information. COLSA
Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
Keywords: COLSA Corporation, San Diego , RMF Security Control Assessor - Validator (SCA-V), Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!