Company: KFMB San Diego
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 23, 2022
TEGNA's San Diego-based KFMB Stations (CBS 8 and The CW San
Diego), have an opportunity for an experienced Television and
Digital Account Executive to join our market leading sales team.
This is a performance-based position that requires being able to
handle multiple projects at once with ease. You must be able to
speak the language of advertising agencies and simplify marketing
for local business owners, be able to work independently to create
new business opportunities, and work as a team to create custom
advertising solutions. What we're looking for?
- You are a self-starter, creative solutions-based seller able to
work independently to create new business opportunities
- You can work as part of a team to create custom advertising
solutions that produce results for our customers utilizing our
- You are experienced in media sales
- You are detail-oriented and a multitasker
- You are eager to learn TEGNA's top-notch advertising product
- You can ask for the order and close with
customersResponsibilities: What will you do?
- Achieve all broadcast and digital sales goals on a monthly,
quarterly and annual basis;
- Maximize share of business from an assigned list of local and
- Generate and develop new TV and Digital advertising revenues
through selling sponsorships, digital solutions and Premion
- Effectively negotiate, package, and recommend solutions.
- Forecast revenue production for an existing account list while
generating new business opportunities;
- Utilize Account Manager & sales support to provide exceptional
customer service to clients;
- Utilize Account Manager & sales support to organize and
prioritize business to successfully meet goals and deadlines;
- Build effective verbal & written marketing presentations in
collaboration with others (e.g., Sales Management, Account Manager,
Research Director, sales support, etc.)
- Use Salesforce or CRMS tool to manage day to day activity,
pipeline, and forecasts.
- Think creatively and learn TEGNA's product suite. Requirements:
What you need?
- High school diploma required (college degree preferred)
- A minimum of 3 years of broadcast TV and Digital media sales
- Consultative sales experience with proven record of sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in WideOrbit and Salesforce preferred
- Detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced
- High energy & self-motivated
- Ability to work effectively and independently as part of a
- Experience in using qualitative research and/or other marketing
- A valid driver's license with an excellent driving record, as
well as reliable transportation and proof of insurance
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of
the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.What we offer?
- Winning and supportive culture
- Base + Uncapped Commissions
- Leading and innovative productsAbout TEGNA TEGNA Inc. (NYSE:
TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good
of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering
stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative
marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S.
markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in
the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching
approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide.
TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and
Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions
to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and
over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT
advertising service. For more information, visit . TEGNA requires
all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC)
against the coronavirus. EEO statement: TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal
opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to
a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified
candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation,
gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in
college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status
or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws
related to accommodations. Privacy Notice for California
Keywords: KFMB San Diego, San Diego , Account Executive, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!