Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Company DescriptionCompany DescriptionEpsilon is the leader in
outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that s built on proof,
not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform
for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency,
Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable
business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID , the most accurate and
stable identity management platform representing 200+ million
people, Epsilon s award-winning data and technology is rooted in
privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50
years of experience in personalization and performance working with
the world s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a
trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email
programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a
global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around
the world.For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on
Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.Job DescriptionLove cutting-edge tech? We
do too.At Epsilon, we do more than collect and store data. We help
some of the world s biggest brands discover real opportunities
inside the data types, delimiters and decimals. We are seeking a
highly motivated and well-rounded Senior Oracle DBA with a strong
development background to be part of a fast-paced production
support and full-lifecycle implementation team supporting our
largest clients.Our team works in environments consisting of highly
available, real-time and Data Warehouse where we are utilizing
Exadata, TDE, Active Dataguard, HVR, and MAA. The ideal candidate
is expected to be familiar with database architecture, logical and
physical design, automation, documentation, installs, shell
scripting, PL/SQL programming, backup & recovery concepts, and
database performance and tuning. Candidate must have good
analytical, verbal, and written skills.Key Duties, Tasks and
- Full life cycle support of client's database(s). Database
system utilizes RAC and non-RAC for OLTP and warehouse, Active
Dataguard for DR, partitioning on 19c and Oracle Golden Gate for
Active/Active data replication.
- Responsible for database backups, design, development, testing,
and performance tuning.
- Will work with developers to design and build new structures to
support application enhancements and promote database changes
throughout the Dev, UAT and Prod databases.
- Responsible for quarterly patch applications (PSU) and periodic
database upgrades with minimal downtime in database
- Required to participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and be
available to perform periodic after-hours support.Qualifications
- Advanced degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5 years of related experience with implementation and
administration of database systems.
- Capable of working in a hybrid environment between at home and
our office in San Diego, California.
- Able to administer, manage and tune high-transaction production
- Able to understand and meet needs of end users.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced and often changing
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent database programming and query knowledge.
- Excellent design, development, administration skills.
- Excellent knowledge of database development.
- Excellent knowledge of logical and physical database
- Excellent problem-solving skills and written and oral
- Experience in Oracle Exadata and Oracle Golden Gate can be a
- Experience in hosting/managing database servers which hosted on
Cloud, can be a plus.
- Optimized SQL queries from various Industry applications to
meet stringent KPI s.
- Extensive use of AWR, TKProf, SQLHC, and various other tools in
analyzing slow SQLs.
- Providing the best practices for optimal performance of the
- Experience in Performance Tuning using EXPLAIN PLAN, SQL TRACE,
TKPROF, STATSPACK, AWR and ADDM.
- Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions,
Cursors, and Triggers. QualificationsAdditional InformationWhen you
re one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, we ve been
helping marketers from the world s top brands personalize
experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge
technology, solutions and services. Epsilon s best-in-class
identity gives brands a clear, privacy-safe view of their
customers, which they can use across our suite of digital media,
messaging and loyalty solutions. We process 400+ billion consumer
actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology,
including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy
advancements. Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon has
been consistently recognized as industry-leading by Forrester,
Adweek and the MRC. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe,
Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around
the world. Check out a few of these resources to learn more about
what makes Epsilon so EPIC:
- Life at Epsilon: Great People Deserve Great BenefitsWe know
that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in
the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you
work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage,
and endless opportunities to advance your career.Epsilon is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon s policy is not to discriminate
against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived
race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical
disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits
harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these
protected categories.Epsilon will provide accommodations to
applicants needing accommodations to complete the application
process.For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles Fair
Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police
Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants with criminal histories are
welcome to apply.REF157637C#LI-AM1 Associated topics: data
administrator, data analyst, data architect, data engineer, data
quality, data scientist, data warehousing, erp, hbase,
Keywords: Epsilon, San Diego , Senior Oracle Database Administrator, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!