Company: PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Posted: 08/24/2022 Employment Type: Contract to Direct Category:
Supervisors of Construction Job Number: 94992 Job Description
Who we are looking for
The OM&M Project Superintendent will be responsible for the
day-to-day activities on-site with regard to project scope,
schedule, manpower, and budget. This includes expediting receipt of
equipment and materials for utilization at various phases of
How to make an impact as a Project Superintendent
- Review project scope/plans, specifications, schedule, budget,
contract documents, and deliverables.
- Become familiar with subcontractors work scope, costs, and time
- Review and follow cost estimates as closely as possible.
- Interact with Clients and Regulators in regards to sensitive
and technical matters.
- Provide assistance in setting up accounts with local hardware
stores, rental companies, etc.
- Plan daily work schedule for crew.
- Track equipment and labor cost.
- Call off rental equipment when it is no longer needed. Makes
notes on repairs, flats, or damage to equipment.
- Analyze site data and make suggestions to Project Manager and
Engineers to maintain compliance.
- Responsible to insure all contractual/regulatory required tasks
completed within specified timelines.
- Responsible to review all field data collection is complete and
uploaded within specified timelines.
- Review all timesheets and expense reports turned in at the job
site and approve before submitting to the office.
- Interview and hire personnel.
- Gather information regarding change order requirements
(scope/cost) and submit to Project Manager.
- Walks the landfill with an air monitoring instrument to perform
surface emission monitoring.
- Use of tools, ladders, portable saws, and generators to cut
pipe to raise or repair gas well piping.
- Use grinders and extrusion welding equipment to repair or
expand gas system or leachate piping.
- May be required to operate backhoe and/or forklifts to remove
soil and lift piping and equipment to perform non-routine repairs
on gas system and leachate piping.
- Lift manhole covers and enter sumps or vaults to obtain well
measurements or tune gas wells.
- Repair leachate or condensate pumps. Lift and lower repaired
pumps into vaults or sumps.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions of flare start-up/shut-downs, and the
- Review site check lists. Inform Project Manager of any major
changes or concerns, and address the items.
- Participates in monthly tailgate Health and Safety
- Participates in monthly Health and Safety (SOP) training.
- Prepares daily logs for work performed on sites during work
- Actively participate in the SAFE process by making
observations, review and assist in the development of the project
health and safety plans including the associated Job Task Safety
- 7-10 years field OM&M experience required that may be
gained through practical experience and/or a 4 year accredited
degree with good field/design experience.
- Proven track record of successful oversight of projects as a
Superintendent or Foreman.
- Proficient in the use of computer programs but not limited to
the following; the company' s Data Services, Microsoft Word, Excel,
Deltek Vision, and Outlook.
- Comprehensive knowledge of installation and/or operation and
maintenance of environmental pollution control systems.
- 40 hour Health and Safety, 8 hour Management and Supervisor,
OSHA 29 CFR 1910.20, Confined Space Entry, and Trench Excavation
- High school diploma preferred.
- Experience or demonstrated high degree of aptitude in
mechanical work; analytical problem solving and data analysis;
interpretation of plans, specifications, schematics, manufacturer
manuals, system operation and maintenance manuals; interpretation
of applicable codes and regulations.
- Effective organizational as well as written and verbal
- Must meet physical requirements for driving (pick-up truck),
lifting and carrying equipment/mechanical components (up to 50 lbs.
unassisted), hand excavation/digging (using shovels/picks),
carrying and climbing ladders, operating and working from man
lifts, operating electric tools, (drills, saws, etc.), using hand
tools, (screwdrivers, wrenches, hammers, etc.), and providing
services under various weather conditions.
- Valid drivers license with a driving record in good
Related Jobs: There are currently no related jobs. Please sign up
for JobAlerts . Login to save this search and get notified of
Keywords: PEAK Technical Staffing USA, San Diego , Project Superintendent, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!