Sr. Subcontracts Administrator
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Description One team. Global challenges. Infinite
opportunities. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections
with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years,
Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and
militaries around the globe communicate. We're looking for people
who think big, act fearlessly, and create an inclusive environment
that drives positive impact to join our team. Viasat is looking for
an experienced Sr. Subcontracts Administrator to join our growing
team. In this exciting role, you will work closely with external
suppliers and internal cross - functional partners in Program
Management, Engineering, Quality, Finance and more to ensure a high
level of performance. In addition, you will also establish and
cultivate effective relationships with internal customers to ensure
program expectations, performance and timely resolution of issues
and negotiate and administer optimal terms with suppliers that
consider, among other things, cost, on-time-delivery, quality and
supply continuity in support of unique program requirements. Job
- Source and procure goods and services from many suppliers.
- Initiate Requests for Quotations and Proposals and receive
same, analyzing proposed pricing from potential suppliers.
- Establish agreements with suppliers using a mix of contract
types including firm fixed price and cost reimbursable.
- Will support development and execution of IDIQ type agreements
with strategic suppliers.
- Coordinate and collaborate with key partners such as contracts,
engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations,
program and end-users.
- Find opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and
manage risk through targeted negotiations.
- Issue purchase orders and long term agreements. Manage
performance of purchase orders, ensure compliance with FAR/DFAR
regulations as well as company (and business) policies and
procedures including import/export regulations.
- Provide guidance to technical users regarding procurement
policies in support of program needs.
- Track and monitor subcontract funding status to ensure
performance is within subcontract dollar limits.
- Participate in strategic sourcing decisions, domestic and
international subcontracting, teaming agreement generation and
execution, and preparing requests for proposals consistent with
customer solicitations, federal statutes and regulations, and
enterprise policies and procedures. Requirements
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience with government contracting, purchasing,
sales, contracts, or related field
- Knowledge of government contracting requirements and
regulations (e.g., FAR, DFARS, ITAR, etc.)
- Comfortable leading negotiations and preparing price/cost
analyses of supplier proposals Experience writing and negotiating
Long Term Agreements
- Experience negotiating Terms and Conditions
- Capability to read technical drawings and documents
- Ability to work positively in a high-energy and fast-paced
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to
suppliers and internal customers
- Ability to work with little oversight, take ownership of
responsibilities, and manage and resolve supplier concerns in a
timely manner To learn more about this site and other office
locations, please click here ! Additional Requirements and
Information Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience Viasat is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a
welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental
disability, medical condition, marital status, genetics, age, or
veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or
characteristic.If you would like to request an accommodation on the
basis of disability for completing this on-line application, please
click here .
Keywords: Viasat, San Diego , Sr. Subcontracts Administrator, Other , Carlsbad, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!