Company: Axelon Services Corporation
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job Description: DEPARTMENT Oncology TRC
PREREQUISITES Bachelor s or higher degree in a scientific
discipline with 1-3 years of work experience. Experience preferred
in industry or drug discovery setting.
The Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Group in Oncology TRC
focuses on delivering Client cancer therapeutics by engaging E3
ubiquitin ligases for targeted protein degradation. We are seeking
a motivated Associate Scientist with experience in drug discovery
and in vitro pharmacology to participate in research focused on
protein homeostasis for cancer therapeutics. The successful
candidate will work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary
environment to use cell-based assays in support of discovery of
small molecules as development candidates (DCs) for clinical,
design and execute in vitro studies to further our understanding of
the mechanisms of Client compounds.
Oncology TRC in *** (Client)
The Oncology TRC in Client is one of the fundamental research and
early development engines delivering therapeutics to patients. The
group integrates discovery research through translational and early
clinical development and focuses on numerous aspects of protein
homeostasis including the ubiquitin-proteasome system, protein
translation, and RNA processing and stability. This thematic focus
allows the group to capitalize on the cutting edge science that
underpins the action of the company s most advanced drugs. Not
being bound by disease area or therapeutic modality creates a very
dynamic, exciting and creative environment that exploits excellent
science in biology, biochemistry, structural biology, computational
biology and translational development.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the
1. Develop and implement relevant cell-based and biochemical assays
as well as cell models to support identification, optimization, and
characterization of Client chemical matter.
2. Design and conduct critical experiments using expertise in cell
biology, molecular biology, biochemistry and assay development to
support molecular mechanism of action of the drugs.
3. Analyze and present data in an organized and timely manner.
4. Support biology needs for different projects and drug discovery
1. Experience in various molecular biology techniques (DNA cloning,
Western blot, PCR, qPCR).
2. Experience in cell biology including mammalian cell culture,
lentivirus production, transient/stable transfection. Experience in
gene editing including CRISPR KO and -KI, or shRNA Knockdown is
3. Experience in small molecule drug discovery process in an
industrial setting is preferred.
4. Familiarity and willingness to learn in vitro cell-based assays,
including but not limited to: cell proliferation assays, cell cycle
assay, apoptosis assay, bDNA assay, image-based assays, ELISA, and
5. Familiar with various biology laboratory equipment with an
emphasis on automation and capable of trouble shooting for SAR
6. Excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational
7. Capability to stay focused, multitasked, attention to details
and deliver high quality data in a timely and well-organized
8. Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced
dynamic team environment; flexibility to adapt to changes with a
Keywords: Axelon Services Corporation, San Diego , Research Scientist, Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!