Optical Engineer (Early Career)
Company: Quartus Engineering
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Quartus Engineering Incorporated (www.quartus.com) is a leading
provider of engineering services and integrated hardware solutions
for a wide range of clients and industries. We employ advanced
computer-aided engineering tools in the areas of optics,
structural, thermal, and coupled analyses. We couple our
engineering analysis capabilities with design, prototype,
integration and test capabilities to create solutions for our
clients that are of extraordinary value.
*What will you do?*
As an Optical Engineer you will design, develop, analyze, and build
optical systems on a project-by-project basis by applying
principles in optics, photonics, mechanics, and materials
*Essential Job Functions: *
* Design components and systems for both short-term and long-term
solutions for customer applications.
* Provide tolerance analysis and recommendations for tolerances
required for system performance.
* Analyze problems and design custom solutions
* Provide reports in PowerPoint or word describing in detail the
problem, design space, solutions, and limitations of a design.
* Build test stations for evaluating system performances in a
hands-on cleanroom environment.
* Maintain professional and technical knowledge by consistently
educating oneself in areas of science necessary for completing the
projects and tasks at hand.
* Educate other team members and engineers in optical science and
other fundamental physics principles to build the technical
capability of the company as a whole.
*Who is right for the job?*
We hire resourceful individuals with a passion for learning and an
ability to apply engineering principles and techniques to solve a
variety of problems in a fast-paced environment.
*What are we looking for?*
* BS or MS in Optics, Physics, or similar Engineering field and 2-7
years of experience
* Experience using optical CAD software (e.g. Zemax) and MATLAB
* Experience with alignment and optical components for system
integration, metrology, testing, etc.
* Strong understanding on fundamental optical physics (imaging
optics, non-imaging optics, fourier optics, diffractive optics,
* Strong presentation skills and ability to articulate a
fundamental understanding of an optical system to non-optical
* US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident)
Executive Order 14042 directs Government Contractors and
Subcontractors to provide COVID-19 safety protocols for all
employees working on or in connection with a Federal Government
contract. These safety protocols include, among other requirements,
a vaccine mandate requiring full vaccination for employees of
covered federal contractors, with limited exceptions for those
legally entitled to an accommodation. As a Government Contractor,
we require all employees to (a) establish that they have been fully
vaccinated; or (b) obtain an approved exemption as an
accommodation. Any offer from the Company is contingent upon you
meeting this requirement prior to starting your employment.
Quartus is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to
employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to,
minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected
veterans. Quartus provides comprehensive benefits including
competitive salary, discretionary performance-based bonus, employee
stock ownership plan, medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan with
Job Type: Full-time%58047475%
Keywords: Quartus Engineering, San Diego , Optical Engineer (Early Career), Other , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!